52- Here We Go Again

They had all eventually met to say goodbye. Luke had told Anakin when he came to Leia and his medical room. Anakin had shrunk away a bit but agreed with him.

They met in a large garden. It was a clear dark night as they spoke. Han stood a little bit away so they could be alone. Ahsoka was standing by him watching them.

Anakin smiled at his children. Laying a hand on their faces.

"Thank you" he said, "thank you for everything you've done. My future could have ended horribly if it weren't for you. I'm glad i got to know you. Its just... really sad to see you go".

"Well... we'll see you again. This time you'll actually be our father" Luke said and chuckled.

"It will be much better to see you in light than in dark" leia said.

"Hey I'll get the dull beige ready" Anakin joked.

Leia smiled and luke chuckled. There were a few moments of silence.

"Please don't keep you feelings inside father" Luke said, "you have to trust the people you love. Whether it be Ahsoka, Padme or Obi-Wan. They're your family, you should treat them as such".

"I will... I promise" Anakin said.

"Look... we dont know if you'll remember us... we don't even know if we'll remember. This might all seem like some kind of odd dream to you" Luke said.

"I don't want to forget you" Anakin said frowning.

"I don't think it will be a choice" Luke muttered, "whatever happens... whether you remember or... or forget. We were glad to help you... to save you from all of this".

Anakin smiled and looked down hugging his arms.

"Padme sends her love. She's sorry she couldn't be here to... say goodbye... but she had to attend to some business" Anakin said.

"Really? What is she doing?" Leia asked.

"She's banning slavery in the outer rim" Anakin said, "it will take time... but with some help... there will never be another Shmi or child to be included in slaved".

"Shmi?" Leia questioned in a quiet voice.

"My mother... your grandmother" Anakin awsnered.

"Its time" Luke said turning to leia.

He gestured to Han to come over and they all stood in somewhat of a circle.

Anakin backed away and stood with his hand behind his back. Ahsoka stood next to him and chuckled.

"So skyguy has skygirl and skyboy" Ahsoka said and giggled, "how funny".

Anakin looked at her and gave a playful smirk.

"Well I don't know... I already had you Snips" Anakin said.

"Aww that's cute... but stop calling me Snips" Ahsoka said, "I'm getting too old for that".

"Really?" Anakin questioned, "how do you know that?".

Ahsoka shrugged and looked back to the trio. Anakin also looked back and sighed. Ahsoka looked back at anakin who didn't take his eye off of them.

"How do you actually feel about... them leaving?" Ahsoka asked.

"It reminds me of when you left" Anakin said, "I wish they could stay here, but they don't belong in this time".

"Maybe they dont... but I mean you still have your children with you" Ahsoka said.

Luke, Leia and Han disappeared. Not in a veil of bright light or into a portal liken he had imagined. They were there one minute just talking to each other and gone the next.

Anakin still stared at the spot and sighed quietly. They were gone for good. They wouldn't be back until his own children were their age. He sighed and looked back at Ahsoka.

"Hey... i still remember them" Anakin joked then shook his head, "Your not staying here.... are you?".

"I found my place in the galaxy master. You've already found yours. Plus whenever you need me, ill be there for you." Ahsoka said.

***

It was like being in limbo. Aimlessly floating in nothingness. Luke had guess Han made it home safely becaused he wasnt there, but Leia and him were still here. He held onto her so they wouldn't be separated.

'Luke whats happening'

'I don't know. Maybe we're stuck here... oh jeez i hope were not stuck here'

They were slammed back down to their feet. Their surroundings were different. They felt odd and unfamiliar. They were not home and were not getting there anytime soon.

The planets air was odd and smelled of rotten greenery. The ground was a gravel path that led to a town. They followed the path to a small house.

"BEN he said his first word" said a female voice.

Luke pulled leia behind the house.

"Who was that?" she whispered.

"Ben... Like Obi-Wan?" Luke said to himself though Leia answered him.

"It can't be Obi-Wan... Are we still in a different time?" leia asked.

"We could be" Luke said.

"Stewjon?" Leia said looking at a near-by sign.

It was written in another language informing people of a coming tax or maybe it was something else. Leia looked in the window again to see a young woman holding a child. A young boy who stared up innocently.

"Why were we brought here?" Luke asked.

"Its time" said a separate voice, "he will train as a jedi".

Luke looked in the window with Leia.

"Its sad but many jedi are taken when they're very young" Luke said, "many don't see their families again".

"That's so horrible" Leia said and sighed.

"They changed the law and we will never have to worry about it" Luke said, "you'll see.... once we get out of... whatever time we're in".

"Why did it bring us here?" Leia asked, "I mean the force seems to bring us to time where there are skywalkers".

"Then maybe this is Skywalker adjacent" Luke said looking back at the family, "Maybe this is when Obi-Wan was take- er whats the right word".

"Oh..." Leia said, "so... this is when he was six months old?".

"I suppose" Luke said.

They were thrown again into the veil. It took a minute for their feet to actually hit ground. They were on Tatooine again.

"Strange" Leia muttered.

"What?" Luke asked.

"I was just thinking of Anakin and now we're here".