48- Welcome to My Darkside

"Okay this is definitely the oddest thing I have ever seen" Han said and crossed his arms.

"Is that tree looking at me?" Ahsoka asked, squinting her eyes.

The forest was a lively assortment of dark greens and an assortment of browns. Trees littered the forest ground like water to an ocean. Some almost seemed to fight for the same spit. The leaves moved like dust in the wind. Like a hungry predator stalking its unknowing prey.

"I am NOT going into that forest" Leia stated and crossed her arms.

"Where else are we gonna go? We have an angry horde of civilians chasing us and it's our best shot to loose them in a forest" Anakin said firmly.

Leia groaned and stepped back, looking at Han with a distaste. Han shrugged a response.

"I'm not happy about it" Leia emphasized.

"Noted" Anakin said.

Anakin and Ahsoka ignited their lightsabers and cut down the grass and bush in the way. That is if you could even call it that. It cried out and burned to ashes as it was cut. The clones that remained followed. Some got tangled in the brush but managed to get eachother out of harms way.

Leia took out her own lightsaber and cut a path for Han and herself. They had been walking in silence until the hum of the lightsaber filled it.

"That thing is bright" Han said.

"Its a sword of condensed fire" leia said, "of course it's very bright".

"Right..... flaming sword what knot" Han mumbled.

Leia swung her weapon at the unruly nature that swiped at them. Anakin led the way and it started getting darker. The sun was starting to set.

"We can't be out here at night... there has to be an end to this chaos place" Anakin said.

"Well there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel" Ahsoka said.

"That's hell fire, Snips"
"Stay positive will you master?"
"Well do you like going through plants that are trying to kill you?"
"No"

"Sir, we can't keep going through this forest. Kempa is known for its dangerous territory and an infamous beast that lerks" said a clone trooper.

"We're surrounded by danger... what else are we dealing with here?" Anakin asked.

"Well apparently the people here don't go into the woods because of the danger but they tell tales of a horrid monster. It's attracted to the force and those who are strong with it. No one's ever actually seen the creature but they hear it all night. It's a tale that's been passed on for almost 100 generations of families" said the clone.

"When did you hear this?" Anakin questioned.

"Well I like to... be prepared for certain... planets" he said.

"That's great" Anakin said, "good work".

"This monster..." Leia started, "what does it do?".

"It hunts people who use the force" the clone trooper said, "so there's no doubt, if it's real, it's gonna hunt you".

"Well great. We have three force users" Ahsoka said, "do you know how to get out of the forest the?"

"Just keep going straight from what I read. Once we're out in the open the ship can find us and get us out, I think" said the clone trooper.

"Thats... okay well maybe it's not real" Han said.

Leia scoffed, "yeah right... like we're gonna catch a break".