15- You're Just A Little Bit Too Much Like Me

Luke fell on his back dropping his lightsaber. He held his side sitting up and wincing in pain. Anakin circled him keeping his expression calm.

"Your holding back" Anakin said softly.

"Well last time i didnt hold back i almost killed Vader" Luke said and stood after he reached for his weapon.

"What?" Anakin questioned.

"You haven't seen that yet have you?" Luke asked.

Anakin shook his head. Luke looked down at his mechanical hand.

"It's hard to watch" Anakin said, looking down, "Especially since i can't do anything".

Luke nodded, "To put it short... last time i didnt hold back, I lost control i almost killed Vader".

"You're strong with the force" Anakin said after a beat of silence, "As strong as I am even. You have to learn that holding back could get you killed. Then again I have lost control and I lost my arm".

Luke ignited his lightsaber and twirled it as Anakin did the same. Luke and Anakin walked in a circle. Both anticipating an attack.

"Your move" Luke said and shrugged.

Anakin advanced swinging with a heavy attack. Luke side stepped him and rolled over on his back then to his feet at the next attack. Luke swung his lightsaber for an attack but Anakin blocked.

Anakin backed up looking at him with confusion.

"Your skills arent complete...?" Anakin asked.

"I'm one of the only Jedi in my time" Luke said giving a small shrug, "I make do with what i have".

"You are still holding back" Anakin said, "Why? No enemy would hold back with you".

"I guess its because im sparing my furture father, It's not something you do everyday" Luke said.

"I can take a hit" Anakin said.

Luke kicked the air sending Anakin back and advanced on Anakin as he regained his composure. He blocked Lukes attack throwing him back. The engaged in a quick duel that was cut short by anakin. He sent luke back sliding on his feet. Anakin threw his lightsaber at luke. He dodged and pushed it away with the force. Anakin quickly picked it up as luke stood over him.

Anakin laughed, "That was good".

"Dont try it" Luke said eyeing anakins lightsaber.

Anakin raised his hands as a defense and stood. Luke put his weapon back on his belt.

"That was good" Anakin said again, pride taking over him, "your doing pretty good".

Anakin said patted Lukes shoulder.

'You were right my son, tell your sister you were right'

"Wha-"

"You don't want to know" Luke said shaking his head. He ignited his lightsaber, "go again?".

Anakin obliged and they started to spare once again.

"How old are you?" Anakin said as they engaged in a long block with their lightsaber.

"26" Luke said, "how is my age relevant?".

"Because im curious" Anakin said and pushed luke away.

"Alright how old are you?" Luke asked, dodging his fathers three consecutive attacks.

"22" He replied blocking the next three light attacks luke hit him with, "Older than your old man, thats a first".

"Im from the future" Luke said and flashed a smile, "Of course in the future, your older".

"It would be very odd if i wasn't" Anakin said and swung at Luke fast as he blocked each one.

Luke pushed him back with the force and used his disoriented state to kick him in the shoulder. He was pushed back a foot away from Luke as he groaned. They now fought in a sort of hand to hand combat but luke clewrly had the upper hand there. His weapon had flown from his grasp. Luke stood over him cringing a bit as he held out a hand. He pulled anakin up to his feet.

"That's not a jedi move" Anakin said frowning and rubbing his shoulder.

"I was trained to fight in hand to hand combat as a rebel. i used a blaster and my fists for almost 3 years" Luke said, "Sorry i should have known you wouldn't know that type of combat".

"It was unsuspected" Anakin said and shrugged, "and I do know hand to hand combat but I never really bothered to master it".

"I'm sorry" Luke said, feeling worse.

"Its fine, I swear" Anakin said, "im not even that hurt anymore".

"You held back" Luke said smirking.

"I'd never hurt my son" Anakin said, "well.... me now would never".

Luke looked down and held out his hand for Anakin's lightsaber to fly to his hand.

"Obi-Wan gave me this lightsaber" Luke said, holding it out to Anakin.

"I'm glad it was passed down to you" Anakin said, "why do you carry a different one?".

"I lost it when... well when my hand was cut off" Luke said, looking down at his gloved hand.

"I'm sorry" Anakin said looking down.

"Its not your fault... not yet at least. And it won't be if we figure out who the sith lord is" Luke said.

"But don't you know who it is?" Anakin asked raising an eyebrow.

Luke frowned, "unfortunately".

"Luke...i promise I'll figure this out" Anakin said, "I always figured the baby er babies would be born and we'd go from there. But now I can't imagine my life without Padme or you and your sister".

"Already? You barley know me" Luke said.

"Well do you like Jaca soup" Anakin asked.

"Yes, my aunt cooked it for me when I was sad"

"Sand! What do you think about sand"

"I hate it"

"You love flying" Anakin stated.

"What are you getting at?".

"I'm naming alot of the things I hate and like" Anakin said.

Luke smiled feeling a sense of happiness hearing this. He was like his father. He thought hard and realized even leia was the same. The first time she had been on tatooni she had refused to even touch the sand. She made food for Han and it was the soup. She wasn't a pilot but he could think of alot of things they had in common. Maybe they came from Padme and their own experiences.

"Can I tell Padme?" Anakin asked.

Luke cringed, "how will she react?"

Anakin smiled, "Oh she'll be over the moons. She's told me she's very drawn to you. She'll be happy to know. Plus I hate keeping things from her".

"Can I be there... when you tell her?" Luke asked, "its just... I haven't talked to her since we met".

"She'll squeeze the living force out of you but if you insist" Anakin said.

Luke smiled again for the hundredth time in a row. He could feel that whatever happened was coming soon but right now he thought he could live in the moment. If quigon wanted him to do something different he would have told him.

He would just live in the moment while it was light, warm and happy.