56- Hard Times Breed Better Men

"Who was this Sith lord?" Obi-Wan asked as Leia tended to Luke, "You had said his name was Darth Andechu... Who is he?"

Leia gave a short glance at Obi-Wan and looked back at Luke. The memory flashed in her mind and gave her a painful jolt. Her whole body shook with fear and her head ached with the pain of what happened.

"No one that should concern you" Leia said softly.

She looked around the cave Obi-Wan lived in. It was quite a sad sight to see. She never realized how little he had. Though being very young, she guessed it never crossed her mind. He moved foreword sharply.

"Of course it concerns me..." Obi-Wan said, looking appalled, "I'm supposed to watch over him... where was I?"

Leia stopped her movements and stood to face Obi-Wan.

"Dead" Leia frowned.

"Who... who killed me?" He asked.

"Darth Vader" Leia said and looked down.

"H-how? Hes dead?" he asked.

Leia grabbed Luke's lightsaber from his belt. Luke had been through hell and his weapon would tell it better than she could. She held it out to Obi-Wan and waited for him to move.

"I-I don't understand" Obi-Wan muttered.

"Take it" Leia said and shook it at him.

He reached out a hand and took the weapon. Leia had guessed he saw something cause a second later he swung it at her with great fear. Igniting her lightsaber she blocked and snapped him out of it.

"Anakin?" He whispered.

He switched the lightsaber off and gave it back to Leia.

"What... How?" He muttered to himself.

"I'm sorry... i didn't realize you would have that reaction" Leia said.

"What... happened?" Obi-Wan asked.

"You mean Vader?" Leia asked.

"Y-yes" He said.

"The Emperor... Palpatine came to rescue him from Mustafar" Leia said, "He was put in a suit that kept him alive. 19 years later you were killed by him. Thats when Luke and i reunited and saved the galaxy. A few times actually. Luke found Yoda and trained to be a jedi. After the war we searched for Jedi temples. That's when we were sent back in time".

"Did you do it? Save Anakin?" Obi-wan asked.

"Yes, though we were there for longer than we expected after...." She trailed off.

"After what?"

"Darth Andechu was created"

"Who was he?"

"You"

***

ROTS Time, Planet Naboo

"Ani, if you wanted the twins for the day you could have just asked" Padme said.

"Well they looked so comfortable with you. It would be a crime to wake them when they're so peaceful" Anakin said, Padme stood up slowly as to not wake them up.

"They hardly cry" Padme said, "if you woke them up, they'd have smiles on their faces".

Anakin took Padme in his arms and kissed her head. She smiled and leaned her head against his chest.

"Where's Obi-Wan?" Padme asked.

"He's outside" Anakin said.

Padme squinted her eyes in confusion.