59- A Place Where I Can Go

Obi-Wan and Anakin had been walking through the city of Naboo for a few minutes now. Anakin needed to get out to clear his head and Obi-Wan went along for the ride. Anakin had been feeling like something was wrong for many months after the twins had left. He didn't know if they were alright and it was killing him.

It was unusual to feel like this for anyone besides Padme or Obi-Wan. He knew they were alive, but he didn't know if they were safe.

In the case of a Skywalker, he knew they were probably doing something either stupid or brilliant.

"You seem troubled" Obi-Wan said and after a beat of silence, "is it Luke and Leia again?".

Anakin shot a glance to Obi-Wan but didn't stop walking. Anakin shrugged feeling Obi-Wans eyes upon him. Like a father's gaze on their son when they did something.

"I don't know why I keep feeling this" Anakin said, "its probably nothing... its best for me not to dwell on it... right master?".

Obi-Wan shook his head.

"I don't know... I'm not going to tell you how to feel anymore" Obi-Wan said and shrugged, "I truly don't think it's anything to worry about old friend".

"I know they can take care of themselves. I know that" Anakin said and huffed, "how are you feeling today?".

"I feel fine" Obi-Wan said, "it took the medical droids a few weeks after the battle on Mustafar, but they were able to remove the mind control device. It's a shame they weren't able to do the same to Luke. They're studying it now".

"Have they learned anything?" Anakin asked.

"Its definitely an organic material connected to the force, but they've confirmed its not from this time".

"What? Then where did it come from? Did Luke and Leia bring it here?".

"No, a third party was involved" Obi-Wan said darkly.

"Okay then... who brought it here?" Anakin asked.

"Perhaps we'll learn a bit more with time. The council had assessed my actions while I was... corrupted" Obi-Wan said as if avoiding the subject.

"Hmm?"

"They reinstated me as a Jedi master" Obi-Wan said.

"That's good news" Anakin said, "so... you're cleared for the mission on Achu?".

"I've been clear... I'm just waiting on you"

"Well I was waiting for you".

"What a terrible use of time" Obi-Wan said and chuckled.

Anakin smiled and they continued a peaceful walk. Obi-Wan had insisted upon helping with the twins after their mission as a thanks. Though Anakin knew it was meant as an apology for everything that happened on Mustafar. It was strange now to get to know Obi-Wan in this specific state of mind. He had never known Obi-Wan to be this protective. He hadn't thought that this event would change him so drastically. 

After an hour they stopped at Obi-Wans apartment. It was a modest apartment with only three floors. There were four apartments on each floor. He had been in Obi-Wans apartment before when Padme wouldn't be home. He had gotten into the habit of bringing food and the twins to stay at Obi-Wans place. Mostly it was because it was easier to handle two infants, but in truth he hated being left alone with no one to talk to. 

Obi-Wan walked up to the door and turned to Anakin who had walked up with him.

"You know you have a home with us right? You didn't need to get an apartment" Anakin said, "Especially when you live so close to us".

"Oh I'd just intrude on your family" Obi-Wan said dismissively, "Plus you have to deal with me everyday at your home anyway".

They laughed for a moment and Obi-Wan opened the door.

"Do you have dinner plans master?" Anakin asked.

"No... I was just going to eat whatever i had left from lunch today" Obi-Wan said, "Why? Are you finally taking me to dinner? Hopefully it's better than that sandwich you made me".

"I was 15 master... I didn't mean to make you sick" Anakin said.

"Anakin please call me Obi-Wan..." Obi-Wan said, "How would you feel if I called you master?".

"It would sound... wrong I guess" Anakin said.

"What are you having for dinner?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Well I was going to make some soup and sandwiches" Anakin said and added, "Not the sandwich i made you when I was 15".

"Sounds lovely... here can you help me unpack the last box? I've been putting it off long enough" Obi-Wan said.

"Of course ill hep with that" Anakin said.

***

Luke and Leia had been waiting patiently for Cal to process everything. He had been frozen with confusion for a while. So much so Leia had asked Luke if they should poke him with a stick. Cal had apparently shaken himself out of it as his droid had tapped his head. BD-1 made a beep of concern though Cal gestured he was fine.

"You know I'm still trying to grasp the fact that you both... are... um... from the future" Cal said.

"I guess it is a bit much to take in" Luke said and shrugged looking at Leia, "I'm sorry... this must all seem so sudden".

"I mean Anakin and Obi-Wan took it pretty well" Leia answered.

"They also had some time to process over week. We told him a few minutes ago with no warning" Luke said.

"Master Kenobi is alive?" Cal questioned.

"Yes" Luke said.

"Where is he?" Cal asked.

Leia shook her head to say they couldn't say anything.

"Okay... well why are you here?" Cal asked.

The was a pause before Luke stepped forward. He tried to keep his expression neutral as he thought of a reply.

"We need your help" Luke said.

"With what?" Cal asked.

"We need to know why we're not able to get back to our time" Luke said.

"Why are you here in here in the first place?" Cal asked.

Luke sighed and looked at Leia, "We went to the end of clone wars time to save our father".

"What happened to your father?" Cal asked.

"It doesn't matter. We accomplished our mission" Leia said, "Now are you gonna keep asking questions or help us get home?".

"Ill help... but I'd really appreciate some answers eventually" Cal said.

"We can do that" Luke said and turned to Leia, "Right?"

"Whatever... i still think we could have used Ben instead of this guy" Leia said.