Chapter 22 - Worst Christmas present ever

A little flashback°°°

"Emily-chan! Please be my girlfriend."

Maki said kneeling down holding a bouquet of flowers. They won against Shoyo and Maki decided to court her inside the gymnasium.

Emily couldn't form any words aside from people are watching, some of it are cheering.

"Maki, I don't feel the same. I'm sorry." Was all Emily could say and excused herself.

Maki felt rejected and embarrassed because many people have witnessed. Shohoku team were also there though not the current members. Rukawa was there too with his team in Tomigaoka.

"Poor Maki. Got rejected by that girl." Eri said.

"Well, she has the right to reject him and she's pretty." Michael replied.

"She is and her personality suits her. So harsh. If I was her, I would say yes to Maki."

"I'm going to make her mine." Michael smiled and Eri just rolled her eyes.

Eri have feelings for Michael ever since Michael got enrolled in Ryokufu. Michael have feelings for her too but it faded when Emily came. Even if Eri is older than him, she doesn't care because for her, Age doesn't matter. And Michael do look mature so she thinks they could be a match.

3 months after that, Michael and Emily met at the wedding of her aunt and she's already a freshman that time and got enrolled in Ryonan high.

When Eri found out that Michael has been courting Emily, Eri was hurt. She didn't expect that Michael would pursue Emily.

Throughout their relationship, Michael is so kind and good to Emily and that's where Emily fell for him even more. Eri envied Emily though she doesn't have a choice but to be friends with her just to be with Michael even if sometimes it pisses her off everytime Michael is showing affections towards Emily.

"Michael, I like you."

"Eri, you're drunk."

"I'm not drunk! I like you not just because you are in my team but I like you as a man." Eri confessed.

Michael can't answer her back.

"Michael, I had you first! Why? Why would you choose her over me? I'm already here." She cried.

"Eri, stop. You- you don't know what you're talking about."

"Michael! I'm in love you with you for a long time. Why can't you just see me as a woman?"

"You're acting weird." He said and tried to walk away but Eri stopped her by hugging him in his back.

"Michael please? Don't be like that...

Okay, I'm willing to be a mistress or the one you could express your bored of. Just don't leave me like that... Michael, I can give you want you want. In in exchange of that I will help you get recruited to the NBA."

"I don't need to be recruited."

"Michael please! Just please. It's an opportunity for you. I will give you everything that she cannot give you."

That was what happened in the past.

°°°

"Emily! Wait hey love please, let's talk." Michael begs while he tries to chase Emily without clothes in his body except for the towel in his lower part.