Chapter 4 - Pity, guilt and regret

Sendoh is busy training with his team for their upcoming match game of Ryokufu. Even though he's always late oftentimes, Coach Taoka can't do anything. Today, Sendoh is so early since he is so determined to defeat the foreigner guy. He is fired up by what Michael said. But before he goes to the gym, he saw Emily sitting in the small park in their school reading something. It was already 4 in the afternoon which meant all classes are done. Sendoh walks up to her.

"Hi." Sendoh greets her.

Emily looks up to who's the person greeting her.

"Hello?" She confusedly replied.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Um, I'm reading a book? Isn't it obvious?" She raised her brows.

Sendoh chuckled.

"Will you come by the gym and watch me practice?" He said with a warm smile.

Did he just ask me to come with him?

Emily thought to herself.

"But if you have anything to do today then it's fine if you won't come with me." He scratched his head.

"Okay... let's see how you play. I'm sure you won't defeat my boyfriend." Emily proudly said.

"Oh, really?"

Sendoh then remembered her arrogant boyfriend and it makes him pissed.

A fucking arrogant foreigner. Don't you fucking underestimate me.

Thinking about it makes Sendoh fired up like he wants to show off. Well, he's going to show off later to Emily.

"You're so proud of your boyfriend, eh?" He said faking a smile.

"Of course I am!" She playfully rolled her eyes at him.

"What? Are you afraid you might lose?" Emily chuckled.

"Who says I'm afraid? And I won't lose. I assure you that." Sendoh confidently said.

"Then show me what you got." Emily laughs.

"Relax, I'm going to surprise you." He laughs and then winks at her.

People were wondering why they got along. The other week they were enemies and now they're friends but did Emily consider him as a friend? Sendoh's fans were also surprised about it.

After that, they got inside the gym and wait for their coach to arrive. Everyone is surprised when Sendoh brought Emily. It was the first time he brought a girl to the gym to watch him practice. Sendoh's fan girls can't go inside since the coach wants the door locked when they start to practice. They don't want any disturbance. When their coach arrived, he was also surprised about it too. He let Emily sit on the bench beside their coach while they were starting to warm up.

"I believe I don't know you, Ms? Are you Sendoh's friend?" Coach Taoka asked.

"Oh, um I'm Emily Mokizawa. Yeah, kinda like that."

Are we even friends?

"It's just so new to us since you are the first girl he brought here." Coach Taoka said looking at his team warming up.

"Oh, really," Emily replied awkwardly.

"Ikegami," Sendoh called

"Yes, Sendoh?"

"Let's have one on one later and I want you to have a tight defense on me." Sendoh offered and he now look serious about it.

"O-okay," Ikegami replied.