Chapter 2 - A tear filled with guilt

The day has come when the practice game of Ryokufu against Shohoku. Of course, the news spread like a wildfire. Everyone is excited to beat Shohoku since they lost the last time they had a practice game. Shohoku's gym starting to get crowded as they already know that Michael was recruited for the NBA and since today has no class, students will surely miss watching this practice game.

"Ouh! That foreigner again! Ha! I will surely beat him up again this time. Nyahahaha." The red-headed guy said everyone calls him Sakuragi Hanamichi. He seems famous after their game against Shoyo.

"Hmp! I won't forgive him for touching Ayako like that." Miyagi said.

"Oi Miyagi, forget about it. That was 7 months ago." Mitsui said.

When everything is settled, the practice game will begin.
Emily sat on the benches beside Eri and their coach since Michael doesn't want her to sit on the upper seats. As expected, the Kainan team is also watching and so is the Ryonan.

Ryokufu did a good job in the first half since their score is higher than Shohoku's. Also, it was because Michael did his part being a captain. While on Shohoku, the team is blaming Sakuragi because he didn't pass the ball to Rukawa. Akagi is still sitting on the bench because he expected that without him, they will have teamwork. However, without Akagi, the Shohoku team will lose because only Akagi can handle the whole team, especially Sakuragi.

°°°

Both teams did their best but still Shohoku won and Ryokufu lost the practice game again. Even though they lost the practice game, they were happy because they had the chance to play basketball with Shohoku, one of the strongest teams in Kanagawa.

"It's alright guys. At least we did our best. I'll be back in America and will train hard. Next time, we will beat the Shohoku." Michael smiled.

"Alright!"

Emily brought him a towel to wipe his sweat. Michael then kissed her cheeks making everyone surprised since they didn't expect Michael to do that.

"Silly!" She playfully slaps his shoulders.

"What? I'm proud of us and I want them to know that you're mine." Michael almost whispered.

Miyagi and Ayako look at each other and they then look back at Emily. Emily notices it and to her surprise, it's Ayako. Her classmate from junior high.

"Ayako?" Emily called.

She approaches her happily.

"Oh my god! I didn't know it was you!" Emily chuckled.

"Emily-chan! You are Michael Okita's girlfriend?" Ayako said surprisingly.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend. I didn't bring her in our first practice game." Michael joined.

Emily just playfully rolls her eyes.

"What?! You are Mr. Foreigner's girlfriend?" Sakuragi said out loud which brought everyone's attention.
Akagi then punches his head.

"You guys know each other?" Miyagi asked.

"Yes, Ryota," Ayako replied and Emily just smile at him.

"Oh, so she's already taken," Mitsui said.

Emily and Ayako talked for a while since they didn't see each other for a long time now. Ayako is Emily's friend from way back when they were still in junior high.