Chapter 7 - I can eat my pride for you

"I am against it, Emily!"

Her father raised his voice at her.

"Why can't you just let me and Michael live together? I am not that young, dad. Mom? Tell dad." Emily replied.

"Emily, you have to listen to your dad."

"Then what? You won't focus on your studies? What if you get pregnant? Are you going to fail us? huh?"

"Dad! You are comparing me to other people! I'm not like that! I promise to finish my studies."

"You are not listening to me!"

"If you won't let me, then I will get out of this house!" Emily stormed out, making her dad madder. Her dad followed her and to his surprise, Michael was waiting for her outside in his car.

"You! you are the reason why my daughter is being stubborn." Because of his anger, Emily's father grabbed Michael's collar.

"Dad! Stop it!" Emily shouts.

Michael pushed her dad which make him fall to the ground.

"Michael..." Emily almost whispered trying to stop Michael.

"Michael! Why did you do that?" Her mother defends.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Mokizawa but your husband is getting on my nerves. It's not my fault that Emily is going to live with me." Michael looks down at them.

"Is that how your parents taught you, Michael? To push people who are older than you? Just where are your manners?"

"Amelia, stop it. Let them be. I'm tired of telling things to our daughter who is not even listening to us."

Her mother helps her father stand.

"Da-"

"If you ever hurt her, then I will not let you have her again. For now, I'll let you be. Just hope that both of you will stay longer. You know what, Michael? I regret that you are the boyfriend of my daughter. I don't care if you are an NBA recruit or how rich your family is, you are manipulating our daughter to not listen to us. Well, I can't do anything about it. Even if I tell your parents, they won't care about it. I just hope you both have a better outcome. Emily, as you said, you are not getting any younger. If that's what you want, then who are we to stop you? We are just your parents who always interfere in your way." Her father said he then look at Emily and Emily starts to feel guilty.

They then go back inside the house as her mother assists her father. Her mother looks at her.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Emily."

"Oh my god!"

Emily woke up from her alarm. She looks at the time on her phone and it's almost 5 pm. She remembers her dream and that dream happened a year ago. It's still fresh though, her parents are still contacting her even if Emily doesn't want to communicate with them. She said sorry after that, though Michael didn't do his apologies after what happened. The bond between Emily and her parents is not like before, just because of their stupid relationship. But even if it's like that, her parents still care for her. They even bought her a condo unit/apartment for her to live in. She just goes home to Tokyo if her parents arrived from abroad like the other week.

She stands up and go to her kitchen because she felt hungry but when she reached the kitchen, she saw cooked food in a container. She then didn't waste time eating.