Chapter 102

One frantic morning later, all five were packed in the car with their things in the back of the vehicle.

Scott drove this time, Mitch in the passenger seat.

Kevin was down in the back of the car, asking to only be woken when he was to take a turn driving.

Avi and Kirstin had been inseparable since the night before, and were sitting in the middle seat.

Kirstie was sat on Avi's lap, one of his arms around her protectively.

Scott glanced at them in the mirror while Avi whispered things into her ear.

Mitch sat Indian style in his seat, even after Scott had buckled him in.

He looked up at Scott with his sparkling brown eyes. "You know where we're going?"

Scott smiled at him briefly before looking at the road. "Yeah. Should be about seven hours until we get to the hotel. When we're there, we'll meet up with the Alphas and then we're off to HQ."

Mitch nodded and looked down at his hands fumbling in his lap.

Scott reached across the console and grabbed one of Mitch's hands, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Don't be nervous. I can smell it, y'know."

"I'm sorry." Mitch mumbled offhandedly.

Scott squeezed his hand again. "Look at me."

Mitch complied and stared at one side of Scott's head.

Scott smiled at him a few times while he spoke. "There's no reason to be nervous."

"Except the fact that the fate of all the Alphas are in my hands. Including Avi, and my own Alpha." Mitch replied quietly.

Scott frowned at him. "That's not true. Alphas will be able to smell them too. You're just.. Giving us a little advantage."

"I could still accidentally lead you into chaos. And what if I get you hurt again?" Mitch asked quieter than before.

"What do you mean 'again'?"

"Your shoulder.." Mitch mumbled sadly.

"That was not your fault. Get that out of your head right now." Scott demanded.

Mitch gulped and nodded, but was still beyond nervous.

Avi let out a small snore, catching the attention of both Scott and Mitch.

Mitch turned in his seat and saw Kevin down for the count, Avi asleep across the middle seat, and Kirstin asleep mostly on top of him.

Scott turned, and quickly turned back. "Christ. We've only been driving for twenty minutes."

Mitch giggled and turned back around. "The Alpha is a cute sleeper."

Scott raised an eyebrow and spoke firmly. "Is he now? Is he really?"

Mitch slowly looked over. "Should I not say that..?"

Scott kept his eyes forward. "No, no. Say whatever you want. I'm fine."

Mitch looked down at his hands again. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. He is a cute sleeper. Looks a lot less angry when he's unconscious."

Mitch looked at him for a moment to check if he was being sarcastic or not.

Turns out, he was looking for a laugh, and he sure got one when Mitch caught on.

He giggled loudly and Scott smiled.

*******

A couple of hours into the drive, Scott looked at Mitch with wide eyes.

Mitch stared back at him confusedly. "What..?"

"I think this is the first time you've ever smelled hungry." Scott said, looking back at the road.

Mitch smiled, and suddenly heard Avi groan in the back of the car.

Kirstin jumped up. "Pain?" She asked in a quiet morning voice.

Avi rubbed one of his eyes. "Sorry, baby. I think you elbowed me a little."

Kirstie gasped. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- And I- But I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's okay. It was an accident, Princess." Avi mumbled, running his hands up and down her back.

Mitch turned in his seat and smiled at them. "Hello!"

Avi waved at him and smiled softly. "Hello. Kevin awake?"

Mitch shook his head. "No, Sir."

Avi then looked over at Scott. "Ready for me to take my turn?"

Scott yawned, but kept driving. "Would you? Why'd we leave so early..?" The last part mostly mumbled to himself.

Avi laughed. "Yeah. Just pull over a sec, Rookie."

Scott nodded, drove a little further, and them slowly pulled to a stop on the side of the road.

Kirstin sat up, allowing Avi to do the same. Avi pointed at the side of the car furthest from the road. "Omegas out that door."

Kirstin and Mitch both nodded once. "Yes, Sir." They replied.

Scott climbed out of his seat, and gave Avi a brief nod as they switched places.

Scott sat in his respective seat, but when he noticed how uncomfortable Mitch was, he held up his arm to welcome Mitch into his embrace.

Mitch gladly crawled over, and cuddled as close to Scott as he could.

Scott kissed his temple, and then set his head atop Mitch's. "I love you, Angel." He whispered directly into Mitch's ear.

Mitch smiled and whispered back. "I love you too, Alpha."

********

When Scott woke up again, Mitch was sitting on his lap playing with the strings on Scott's jacket.

Mitch tugged on one, and Scott stared down at him.

Mitch froze and looked up at him slowly. "S-Sorry."

"No stuttering." Scott said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry, Sir." Mitch repeated.

"Don't be sorry. Not a big deal. You're cute." Scott said.

Mitch smiled and leaned into Scott's chest. "Thank you."

Avi looked at them in the rear view mirror. "Welcome back, you two. Almost there. Not an hour until we get to the hotel."

He paused, then continued. "How we doing? Hungry? Thirsty? Does anyone need to pee?"

Mitch shifted a little on Scott's lap, and Scott's hand shot out to grab Mitch's waist to still his movement. "Alright! Well. That's a 'definitely' on that last one."

Avi laughed. "Okay. One pit stop, coming right up."

Scott leaned into Mitch's neck and took a deep breath. "Oh, and we need to get some food. Mitchie, here, is finally hungry for once."

Mitch blushed a little, and Avi smiled at him in the mirror. "Don't worry about it, Tiny. I'm hungry too."

******