Chapter 39

(A/N)

DOUBLE UPDATE HOW ABOUT YAS.

I was sick all day, so all I've been doing is writing.

I'm like four chapters ahead now, so here you go.

LOVE YOU :D

*******

Scott dashed through the door of their home and ran straight for Mitch.

Mitch was standing with his legs touching the edge of the bed, fiddling his fingers nervously waiting for Scott to come home.

Scott came bounding down the hall, and Mitch's head snapped up.

Scott opened the door and tackled Mitch to the bed in a huge hug.

Mitch yelped and covered his eyes with small hands.

Scott laughed and used one arm to hold himself up over Mitch, and the other to cup Mitch's face while he leaned in and kissed him.

Mitch's hands fell from his eyes as he giggled into the kiss.

Scott pulled back and stood from where he was, offering Mitch a hand to help him up.

Mitch stood and looked at Scott quizzically. "Sir, what are you-"

Scott squeezed him as tight as he could.

Mitch squeaked. "A-Alpha.."

Scott pulled away and smiled as wide as possible. "You're going to pass."

Mitch tilted his head. "How do you know?"

Scott pressed himself closer to Mitch and put his hands in Mitch's back pockets.

Mitch allowed this movement without a word.

Scott smiled impossibly wider. "I looked through the packet. I read it and reread it on the way home. You are capable of every single thing on that list. I promise you, you'll be just fine."

Mitch began to smile, but then stopped. "What if you're wrong? How do you know I can do it all?"

"I've seen you do it. I wouldn't lie to you."

Mitch finally let the smile grace his features. "That's great! Then they won't take me away from you."

Scott hugged him again.

Mitch hugged back this time. "This is exciting. And it will be even easier because you'll be there. Is Kirstin going to pass too?"

Scott froze. "Well.. I'm sorry Mitchie.. I won't be there during the test.."

Mitch pushed on Scott's chest. "What? Why not?"

Scott grimaced. "I'm so sorry baby. The Alphas aren't allowed to be there when Omegas are testing."

Mitch let the nerves take over. "Oh God. Oh God. I'm going to fail. I'm not going to be able to do it. Sir.. I-"

Scott kissed Mitch to quiet him. "You're going to do absolutely fine. You and Kirstin will both pass with flying colors. I'm only concerned about one part of the test, but-"

"Which part?"

Scott growled. "Mitchell. How many times do I have to tell you not to interrupt me?"

Mitch whimpered, and Scott took his hands off of Mitch's small body. "I can't keep letting it slip by, Mitchell. I'll have to punish you eventually. Next time you do it, in fact. Understood?"

Mitch nodded. "I'm so sorry. I'm just so nervous.. And I don't want to be taken away from you.. I'm s-sorry."

Scott shook his head. "The.. The part I'm worried about for you.. Is there's a whole section on your self confidence. And.. Darling I think that's something you struggle with a little."

Mitch crossed his arms over his chest. "What about my self confidence will they be testing on..?"

Scott put his hands in his own pockets. "I don't know, sweetie."

Mitch looked down at the ground. "Oh shoot."

"What's that?"

Mitch looked back up at Scott's eyes. "Well I had hoped the problem was going to be something easy. Something I could learn overnight. Like cooking, or something."

"You can learn self confidence. Ask Kevin, or Kirstin."

Mitch dropped his arms from his chest and sighed. "No, Sir-"

"Start over." Scott growled.

Mitch gulped. "Sorry. I'm so sorry, Sir. Kevin is confident because he is smart and everyone knows it. Kirstin is confident because everyone who sees her knows she is beautiful. I don't have one of those."

"Mitchell Grassi."

******