Chapter 73

Scott tilted his head, but Kevin started talking again. "And Kirstie? Why were you mad at Avi?"

Kirstin avoided anyone's eye contact. "We got into an argument.."

Avi looked at her and huffed. "Yeah we did. How could I have made you angry? You basically slapped me in the face, and then went to Scott for help. You might as well have slapped me twice."

Scott huffed, but Avi ignored him.

Kirstie looked down at the ground. "Just.. You're blaming yourself. And you're not listening. And it's making me angry."

Avi turned to her. "How am I not listening? I heard you loud and clear that you don't want to have a Heat with me. What else did I need to hear?"

This was the first that Kevin was hearing about this Heat thing.
Kevin looked at Mitch and mouthed 'Really?'

Mitch just nodded.

Kirstin sighed. "See? You didn't hear me. I just want to have my Heat alone. It has nothing to do with you. I'm not ready."

Avi frowned. "Was it something I did?"

Kirstin finally turned to look at him. "I'm afraid. Alright? I'm afraid. Scared out of my mind. Just let me have this Heat alone. Okay? It doesn't have to be a big deal."

Avi stared at her, before sighing and nodding.

He slouched back against the couch. "Okay. I understand."

Kirstin frowned and looked back down at her hands.

Kevin just stood there, mouth agape.

When did he get so out of the loop?

Kevin shook his head. "O..Okay. Hope that's.. Better now. And Mitch? Has anyone been mad at Mitch?"

Avi raised his hand, along with Scott.

Kevin sucked in a breath. "Jeez. Both Alphas. Great. Avi.. Why don't you go first?"

Avi shrugged. "I was just mad that Mitch wouldn't eat. It wasn't really a big thing."

Kevin nodded. "But he's eating now. So it's okay, then?"

Avi nodded.

Kevin sighed. "Good. Phew. Avi is not someone I'd like to have mad at me, so thank God for you Mitch."

Mitch smiled a little.

Kevin smiled back, and then turned to face Scott. "Alright. And why were you mad at Mitch?"

"Couple things." Scott said, causing Mitch to look at his lap in shame.

Scott looked right at Mitch. "First of all, you know it makes me upset when you go running to Avi. So why do you do it just to spite me?"

Mitch shrugged. "I'm sorry.."

"It's fine, just tell me why."

Mitch kept his eyes on his lap and twiddled his thumbs. "Because if I try any other way to argue with you, I'm being rude or disrespectful. This is the only thing I can do that you can't stop or yell at me about because I'm allowed to do it. It just so happens to make you mad."

Avi leaned forward and looked at them. "Makes you mad?"

Scott glared at him. "Yes. Yes it does. Because he's my Omega. Don't think I didn't see you holding him while he slept when we were all in that one bed. You can't have him. Sorry."

"Someone has to discipline him."

"That's my job."

"Then why don't you ever do it?"