Ch4 my shiled

"Ron, what is this?"

"It's lemonade, young master"

Cale squinted his eyes. 'the ogcale hated sour things, just like kim Rok Soo does. And this ' vicious old man' definitely know that.... He's fucking messing with me. Tsk'

Cale drank the lemonade in one shot. He just wanted to be done with the devil drink. "Great. It's delicious" said Cale as he handed the cup to Ron. And immediately headed outside the estate.

'How ingesting. That fearless puppy definitely knows something' Ron thought as he caressed his dagger.

Cales was having chills from both the lemonade and Ron's 'vicious smile'.

'I can only hope for my heart to be strong enough to survive the next two years'.

After reading at billos shop. Cale headed out to finish the job and finally get his ancient power. But before he could go the an ally and put a rob on. He heard a voice in his head.

'The chef from your estate has been following you, kiddo'

Cale flinched. He could already figure out that, that chef is bearocx, Ron's son. 'BUT WHO THE FUCK IS IT THAT JUST WARNED ME?!'

It was someone who knew who he was and where he lived. Cales full body was covered in goosebumps.

His face still remained stoic. He went to the bar after that warning. 'Why the fuck is bearocx following me?! Did Ron figure something out? Has they been keeping an eye on me this whole time?!'

Cale had a lot of questions. But the important thing right now is. To get rid of the molan-duos suspension, and figure who's voice was it that warned me.

As soon as Cale's foot stepped into the bar. Everything turned quite. He could feel the worried glances that was aimed at him.

"Tsk tsk, hey".

"You-young master! Welcome"

'Hmmm, I'm properly on their blacklist ha!' He was thinking about how the ogcale had actually managed to fool this whole city into believing that he was trash.

He started to act like a trash when he was 9. And he also started drink 1 year ago, when he was 15. Tsk tsk.

"Bring me 4 bottles of my usual" he said as he threw a gold coin to the bartender and went up to a table.

He heard that women's voice at that moment.

'How amazing!! The chef is already losing internet! Hehe'

Cale raised a brow. Ha! That's all it took?!

The bartender who saw Cales face flinched. He immediately put the alcohol on the table and bowed his head. "E-enjoy, y-young master". Said the bartender as he ran away.

"Tsk tsk. Trash will always be trash" said bearocx as he noticed that Cale was drinking a bottle after bottle.

He genuinely could not understand his father. Why does he found this trash interesting?.

Bearocx has left after seeing no changes in cale's behavior.

'Kiddoo~~ he left. Now now. Let's go so you could get your ancient power~'

Cale froze in his place. He whispered "who are you?"

'Heh. Let's go'

Said the voice. Cale got up from his seat and headed to get the bread and head to the slums.

Half way through he asked "why are you following me? And what do you want?"

A robed individual appeared in front of Cale at that moment. "hmmm, I'm just interested in you human" she said with a mischievous smile on her face.

"So you are not a human. Huh"

"Hohoooo~ so observant I see"

"Since you know where I live. You should know that I'm trash. What's so interesting in following a trash like me?"

"Why should I care about the humans rumors and what not? All I want to see is how you get your ancient power."

"I see. So you have been following me since day 1?" Cale said as he continued walking

The robed individual answered him while following along. "Indeed, I was in the area a couple of days ago, and saw you feeding the Rumoured man eating tree" The said individual smile mischievously " how interesting"

"And all you want is to see how I would be getting that so-called man eating tree?"

"Yuppp, I'm kind of curious about that interaction" said with a grin.

After arriving in front of  the tree. The robed individual backed away a little. 'Hmm so she knows and won't interfere'

Cale started pouring the first bag in the hole.

- More, give me more. Please.

Cale poured a bag of bread into the hole while
listening to the eerie voice of the grudge-filled
soul as usual. The darkness inside the hole was
slowly turning from grey to white. Cale started
to smile, thinking that all his efforts were not for naught. It was at that moment.

- More, more, more!

'What?'

Cale flinched and stepped backwards at the
voice that now turned into a shriek.

'The novel didn't mention something like this'

- More, more! I will give you a present if you
bring me more. A present.

Present. That word made Cale's eyes start to
sparkle. Although he didn't expect the soul to go crazy like this, the end was near.

"Just wait."

The black branch started to sway, as if nodding
at him. It felt like a scene out of a horror movie.
Cale shivered from this.

"Hoh"

Cale ignored the robed individual as he continue to do what he want it.

'This should be the last bunch.'

The light inside the hole was now as white as
paper.

'It should become transparent after I put this last bag of bread in'

Cale was full of anticipation as he poured the
last bag into the tree.

And finally.

0000000ng-

"Woahhhhh" said the robed individual. She was glad that she helped this human out earlier. As it was said that ancient powers weren't that easy to come across.

But she had came across an individual who was getting an ancient power. She was ecstatic to say the least.

A rumbling that was worlds different than the
past rumblings poured out from the tree toward Cale. This rumbling, that was only aimed at Cale, did not catch his attention because of the hole that was starting to turn transparent. It should be dark inside the hole because of the shadow of the tree, but such a realistic situation did not occur.

That was the Ancient Power.

The moment Cale saw the Ancient Power, he
could hear the voice that had been asking him
for more food until now.

- It was so, so good!

That voice was.... Obnoxious.

- That soft texture of bread! I especially liked the third bag of bread you brought. I guess even food develops as time goes by. There was no such thing as bread back in my days! The wheat itself must grow on a really fertile land! Yes, not all wheat is the same.

The voice was evaluating the taste of the bread....