Ch3 My shield 

Cale had woken up by the same benign smile today. He swore he almost had a heart attack. 'Fuck I'll have to wait TWO YEARS. Two fucking years to be able to get rid of this vicious old man...'.

Cale was cursing his luck at this point.

But just like yesterday, he stayed in bed until 9:30 or so. Pretending to be asleep in order to keep up the trash act. That the ogcale did. After sensing that no one was around him. And outside the room. He got up and got dressed. He needed to head out and get his shield after all.

"Ron, I'll be heading out to play. Don't look for me" Cale didn't even wait for this 'vicious old man' to reply to him. As he ran out and got into the carriage.

Cale just closed his eyes as he let the carriage move.

"Thanks, no need to wait for me" he said to the driver as he headed inside "The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry". Just like yesterday. He really liked the coffee and deserts here. With the biggest pulse being 'that vicious old man isn't here'

"heh"

Cale chuckled in a low voice. As he told billos "morning, same as yesterday" while throwing him a gold coin.

He sat at his usual spot, and spent the day just like he did yesterday. The only difference is that he bought 3 bags of bread with him this time, while heading to the slums.

0000000000000ong-

"...It's a bit scary."

The black tree without any leaves seemed to be
moving its branches to welcome Cale. This eerie feeling made Cale nervous, but he still poured the contents of the bag into the hole underneath the tree.

The bread quickly disappeared. It was at that moment.

"...More, give me more."

'It's driving me crazy.

The response he read about in the novel
showed up. It was the voice of a weak girl. Yes,
the person who starved to death was a priestess who served a god. However, unlike the present day priestesses of the temples or churches, the ancient priestesses were shamans. The majority of the ancient shamans could be considered people who had superpowers or natural forces under their command.

000000ong-

-More, give me more.

"Yes. Eat it all."

Cale dumped the whole bag into the man-eat-
ing tree without caring about how it landed. He
was not afraid. The bread instantly disappeared into the darkness that was now too light to be called darkness. Cale could now see a new grey light. However, it would only seem grey to him.

'I guess it is paying off for the money I spent.'

Cale poured the other bag of bread into the hole as he headed back home. On his way back. He saw two struggling kittens.

The silver kitten had a red kitten in its mouth. It had a lot of injuries and it seemed as if they were running aways from someone.

'Tsk' Cale didn't like small animals or whatnot, but these kittens were tiny, the older one was holding what looked like a newborn kitten.

Cale called out to them. He didn't know if they would understand or anything. But he didn't care. He just pointed to a small ally that humans nor adult cats would be able to enter and said "go in there" with his index finger.

The silver cat glared at him. But immediately went there.

After seeing that the cats went there. He started walking home with a half filled alcohol bottle in his hand.

And as usual, Ron was at the door to greet him. "Good evening, young master". Cale knew that the ogcale had treated Ron like a father. ' As vicious as this old man may be, he still took care of him for 18 years before abandoning him'. But the fact that at the end, he still abandoned him, without even saying goodbye. Truly showed that he didn't care for the ogCale as a son. like the former did. But still...

That was one reason Cale couldn't ignore Ron. So all he could do is endure it. He greeted Ron back and went to his chamber.

"Young master, would you like to eat something? You slept early yesterday and didn't get to eat dinner. And you also haven't eaten breakfast today". Cale looked at this 'vicious old man' "sure, prepare something for me to eat and then let's head to the study"

"Excuse me?!" Said Ron as he almost lost his benign smile. "Hmm? Do I have to repeat my words?" Asked Cale in confusion. As Ron was someone who always stayed professional. And his response was a bit weird.

"It's nothing, Young master. I'll ask for your meal to be prepared and for the study to be cleaned"

"alright, thanks"

Cale decided to just ignore it.

Ron was sure that it wasn't his imagination now. 'My puppy young master is changing' he thought.

Well, that wasn't the only shock he had reserved today. As Cale had actually ate the food bearocx made and even complemented it.
'Do you need me to ask bearocx to prepare something else, Young master?'
'No, it's delicious. There's no need to do that'
Ron was starting at Cale in daze the whole time he was having his meals.

Of course, Cale thought that the food was amazing. It was actually delicious.

But he couldn't quit enjoy it. Since a certain 'vicious old man' was staring daggers at him.

"Young master, the study is ready." And with that Cale headed to the study.

It was quit easy since all he had to do was follow Ron. But he had noticed that all the workers in the estate would flinch that moment they saw him.

'Tsk, it's not like Cale had ever beaten or thrown something at them'

He clearly remembers the way the novel described cale. He was someone who only threw bottles at gangster or bad people. He had never actually hit an innocent soul ever.

"Thanks Ron, you may leave now" Ron once again, froze in his place while staring at his puppy young master weirdly.

Of course, Cale just ignored him and entered his study.

He began writing all the contents of TBOAH in Korean. He knew that Choi Han might have just left the forest of darkness. And Harris's village is still fine. Nobody will ever be able to read these.

Of course, as meticulous as Cale is. He still burnt everything in the fire place once he was done planing what to do from now on.

With an easy mind. Cale sat on his desk while thinking about the other ancient power he would gain later on.

'Of course, I also need to save that crazy dragon' he thought. As he drifted to sleep.