Ch2 first day

Cale was walking around rain citys ally's, after waking for what felt 10min, he made sure that no one was watching him and grabbed the rob that was in his magic bag. He immediately put it on and covers himself with it.

After that was done he went to the bakery and threw one gold coin to the lady in the stall. She looked at this man and couldn't help her shock "t-this...sir?" Cale pointed his index finger from the beginning to the end of the bread "pack all of this for me" he said. The lady looked at him with wide eyes "a-are you sure sir?" Cale clicked his tongue "tsk I can go somewhere else if you don't wanna" Cale was getting impatient and it was showing. He clicked his tongue once more 'Even tho she doesn't know who I am, they keeps on stuttering tsk' " immediately sir, I will pack it right away" said the women hurriedly as she did not wish to lose a big customer.

While the lady packed the bread. Cale thought of the 'indestructible shield'. The ancient power he was on his way to gain. He quit like the idea of ancient powers because, well.. you didn't have to train or study in order to gain them. It was the easiest way to be strong enough to protect yourself.

"Here it is, sir. Please have a good day and come again" said the lady while handing him the big bag of bread. Cale has responded by waving his hand. As he really was not in the mood to converse with someone.

He dragged the bag of bread to the slum. He had noticed that he was being watched and followed by the people of the slum. Well cale just ignored them and kept on walking to the end of hill.

There. In front of him, he could see the 'man eating tree'. The location of the first anting power that he was about to get. Cale continued walking to the top, as he noticed that no one was following him anymore.

This was the tree that Cale was looking for.
A long time ago, during ancient times, there was a person who loved food so much that his gluttony in the place of worship got him kicked out. That person ended up starving to death.

This tree is said to have grown on top of his
body, and that person's grudge and strength
were both in this tree. The Indestructible Shield that Cale was looking for was here.

How primitive, mysterious and strange was this! The majority of the ancient powers were mysterious like this.

Cale took a bread out of the bag and carefully
observed a hole that was the size of an adult's
head.

"Let's get started."

He started by taking a loaf of bread out of the
bag and putting it into that hole. His hand soon
disappeared into the darkness underneath the
tree, and Cale could feel a cold sensation as the
bread in his hand disappeared.

He felt like his whole hand might be sucked in,
and quickly took it out. The darkness in the hole underneath the tree was still the same.

"If you die with a grudge, you have to resolve
that grudge."

This man-eating tree wasn't actually a man-eating tree. It was a tree that would eat anything. It was the side effect of the power that was left behind by the person who starved to death. But for such a thing to be related to an ancient strength...it was comical, but made it seem more realistic.

"I remember it said I need to feed it until the
darkness disappears."

The darkness in the hole underneath the tree
was not the result of shade. It was darkness
formed by the grudge.

This could not be done with other people. One
person had to continue to provide a large
amount of food until the darkness disappeared.

Once the darkness finally disappears, the light
that was hiding underneath would appear.
Once he eats that light, the, 'Indestructible
Shield,' will become Cale's.

"Eat all you want."

Cale put the opening of the bag into the hole
and emptied all of the bread into it. In a normal situation, that small hole should have become filled with bread, however, only the darkness continued to remain once Cale removed the bag.

"I guess I'll need about ten more large bags."

The darkness in the hole was slightly fainter
than before. Ten bags. Only someone like Cale, with 3 million gallons as allowance, could casually say such a thing.

Rumble-

An odd cry seemed to resonate from the tree. It
seemed to be saying that it was hungry and
asking for more food. Cale felt like the darkness might suddenly reach out and grab him.

"...It is a bit scary."

Cale quickly got up. He felt like he should not be here for a long time.

"Just what can a stupid grudge do?"

Gluttony was a scary thing.

"I'Il come back tomorrow."

Cale said goodbye to the rumbling tree as if it
was a person and exited the fenced area. After that was done he immediately went out of the slums.

Cale was already dying to sleep at this point, he grabbed an alcohol bottle that he put in his magic bag earlier, and chugged half of the liquid.

He thought to himself at that moment 'this body's alcohol tolerance is no joke'. He smirked, now all he have to do is cause some kind of ruckus, and then go home to sleep.

And that's what he did. After finishing the bottle of alcohol in his hand. He slammed it at a thug. Well cales only hope from that action was for this thug to not be as crazy as the MC of this novel. He did not want to be beater up after all. And thankfully, he only earned a glare from that thug.

Just when Cale thought he could rest, he saw Ron's scary benign smile greeting him.

Cale felt shivers run down his spin. "Good evening, young master". 'This vicious old man' "yes, good evening, Ron. Go prepare some bath water and a cup of cold water for me to drink" said Cale. As he was trying to hurriedly reach his room.

"Young master, would you like any food with it? Or have you already had dinner?" Asked Ron. Cale thought about it for a moment. 'Oh I have only had cake today' "sure bring me something light to eat."

"Yes, young master" with that Ron went away to fulfill the things Cale had asked. he immediately went to his room and closed the door.

Tiring. It was really tiring dealing with this old man.