63. An End

The fighting had practically stopped as both armies saw Draco's claws around Yonsu's neck. Draco looked beautifully monstrous. He was in a humanoid form, but his scales still covered his entire body, his hands were claws, his eyes were burning red, his fangs elongated, and his wings were spread. Even in his human form, his wingspan was massive, exceeding five meters. 

The greatest threat to the realms, the catalyst of chaos and war, was trembling in Draco's grasp. His eyes darted around to find someone to help him. However, his people were already backing away. The Ravagers were raiders and bandits, no longer the proud Kirith Empire. They didn't understand war. They couldn't fathom the devastation.

They stood amid thousands of corpses, their numbers cut to less than half. This was supposed to be their victory. They had been clinging to the prophecy Yonsu had imparted to them. They had believed his visions of a long war where they could make a wish and gain the power to overtake the world—to ravage the lands. 

But their leader had fallen into the hands of their enemy.

Oliver watched the Ravagers, analyzing their emotional fluctuations. He saw their defeat, embarrassment, and resentment toward Yonsu. 

Yonsu struggled in Draco's grasp, noticing the same thing in his troops. He needed to rally them again. However, Draco's grip tightened, cutting off his air. He pulled at Draco's hands with no luck.

"Yonsu, Ravager King, and cockroach of the Kirith Empire... Is this all you are?" Oliver asked as he gestured at his struggling figure. 

Yonsu sputtered and tried to say something, but Draco still had a tight grip around his throat. Draco's chest rumbled with a low chuckle, and he loosened his hold.

"One-on-one," he coughed out. "Me versus the Ghost."

Oliver faltered when he heard this, but then he broke out into a loud laugh. "Oh, Yonsu. It is far too late for that. I gave you an opportunity to fight me, but it was swiftly rejected. Why would I ever grant you that chance again?"

"Ghost—" He choked on the name when Draco tightened his claws again.

"Ah, ah, ah," Draco hummed mockingly. "I have tolerated you calling him Ghost for too long. But now, I need you to address him properly."

His grip relaxed again, letting Yonsu suck in the air. "Ol...Oliver."

Draco clicked his tongue, and his talons dug into his skin, making him bleed.

"Lord Kardos!" He said helplessly.

Draco snarled. "Wrong again."

"Guardian." His eyes widened in panic when Draco's talons pierced deeper into his flesh. "King! King Oliver!"

Draco chuckled. "That's a good Ravager." His tone was doting, like he was speaking to a pet.

Oliver pursed his lips and stepped closer to him. "You used to be the thing that haunted my dreams, Yonsu. The hooded figure in my prison. The puppeteer of pestilence. The king would raze the world just for more power. You wanted to be a recognized king; it didn't matter if it was king of Ravagers or corpses."

Yonsu glared. "Save your sanctimonious speeches for someone else, king."

Oliver chuckled. "That wasn't my intention. I don't have any means to prove that I am more righteous than you. I know my truth. I know how bloody my hands are. All I'm doing is stating an observation." 

He looked Yonsu up and down and sighed heavily in disappointment. "You were much more frightening when you were a mystery."

Yonsu stilled in Draco's grasp, and then he snarled. "Fight me, and I will show you how terrifying I can be."