32. A Nest

Oliver felt that he was lost in a dream. Draco's embrace and kisses felt like he was being devoured, and he was ready to give in and surrender to him.

He desperately needed more. Decades worth of more

And if Draco's all-consuming kiss, he would have given Oliver anything and everything.

They broke from each other, leaving each other breathless. Draco's eyes had changed, the red had darkened, and his pupils elongated to thin diamonds. Oliver had seen this appearance before but thought it was an illusion. Now he could truly see that this was the beast hiding within Draco, and Oliver yearned for it.

Draco was more animalistic in this form, and a low purr vibrated through him. Oliver had to bite back a curse because he nearly melted. 

Oliver curled his fingers in Draco's hair. "How about we—"

His words were cut off by shouting on the training grounds. The voices sounded urgent. Oliver and Draco stood up and moved toward the window to see the chaos unfolding. His men were running around, and his commanders were giving orders.

"Shit," Oliver murmured. He and Draco rushed to dress and left the room.

As Oliver stepped out into the training grounds, he was taken back by the panic of his men. He grabbed one man who was rushing towards the stables.

"Soldier, what's happening?" Oliver asked.

The man was panting. "Boss... one of our surveillance troops, was attacked by Ravagers.  They escaped into the Misty Passage... but..."

Oliver jerked his head towards the Asksno Peaks that lined the Misty Passage and paled.  It was covered in a dense fog, which was the perfect environment for the worst predators.  "Fuck... Silver Wraiths."

"Yes, boss."

"How many men out there?"

"Nine are still out there, boss. One soldier was able to escape and bring back the news.  We're trying to gather men for a rescue mission. Commander Ian was going to look for you."

Oliver's eyes swept over the area, and he could see the fear brewing in his men. Silver Wraiths were terrifying creatures if you didn't know how to beat them. 

The aura around him changed, and he stood taller than before.  He placed two fingers in his mouth and released an ear-splitting whistle.

"Halt!" His powerful voice reverberated through the manor, and everyone stopped moving. "Our best spearmen and archers need to report to me immediately.  Everyone else needs to go to the storage rooms and gather medical supplies, spears, longbows, and steel arrows."

The disorganization from before seemed to disappear as the men followed his orders.  Ian came running up to him with several men who were spearmen and archers. 

"Boss, you've heard?" Ian asked.

"I have. Make sure I have the men I have asked for." Oliver said as he started to make his way to the stables.

He was saddling Boreas when Draco followed him.  He nodded toward Oliver and started to saddle his own horse.

"So we're going on a rescue mission?" Draco said casually.

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "We?"

Draco grinned. "You asked for the best spearmen and archers.  I believe I fit into both of those categories."

Oliver laughed. "Are you sure you want to risk your life hunting Silver Wraiths?"

"You obviously have a plan." Draco shrugged. "And I have a feeling you're not someone who allows his men to die easily."