Realization

"No hard feelings about the promotion, right?"

I was currently sitting at the nurse's desk sorting through papers with Deb up in my face.

"Course not. You deserve it."

"I thought for sure Dr. Mathis was gonna make you the charge nurse."

"Deb, can I speak to you for a moment?" Dr. Mathis questioned.

She stared at me with wide eyes and turned around, walking into his office. Taking the papers in my hand I place them down, sighing. That girl was going to get what was coming to her. She had no right to earn that promotion. Deb wasn't even as good as I was. The only reason she got it was because the boss had a huge crush on her. I knew they fooled around in private. Everyone knew that. It was messed up. And nobody cared because they didn't want to get fired for asking about it.

After work was over, I went back to the bar to retrieve my car from last night. Thankfully, it was not locked because my keys were inside. I'm surprised no one stole it. This was going to be a very complicated matter. Talking to Corey, because I knew he had feelings for me, and we both now, just had to get it out and talk about it. It was just becoming worse without saying anything, and I couldn't do that to him. After last night, saying I loved Michael Myers, the serial killer of Haddon Field. I could tell he was shocked, hopefully it will be easy to talk about it today. Everything would work out. It usually does. I just had that sort of luck. While driving back home, ringing could be heard coming from my console. Slowing down, I open it and take out my phone. Answering it, Corey talked on the other end.

"I'm assuming you're still alive."

"Yes, alive and well."

"So what happened last night?"

"We can talk about that later. Right now I'm driving back home from work."

"I'll come soon. We can hang out and go for dinner."

"Sure, I have to go now. I'm home."

"Bye, Y/n."

"See you soon, Corey."

Turning into my driveway, Laurie's truck was there, and there was she, standing in front of the door with it wide open, watching me. She didn't appear to be that angry. Stepping out of my car, I walk up to her.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes, Y/n."

"Did Corey call you last night?"

"Yes, but I find it hardly believeable that you slept at his house. Now tell me what's going on."

"I did. We drank so much that I can hardly remember what happened last night. I was passed out on the couch when he probably called you. There's nothing to worry about."

"Hmmm. Okay. Just don't do that again. I was so worried about you."

"Okay."

Wasn't going to make any promises to her. Didn't really know how things were going to turn out. I'm sure Corey had the brains to not say anything about Michael to Laurie. He wasn't that stupid if he was on our side.

"Y/n!"

"Yes?"

"I have a feeling you're not telling me something."

"What else do you want me to say? I told you everything."

Beep! Beep! Looking down the street, came Corey strolling down on his motorcycle. He pulled into our driveway. He turned it off and came over to us.

"Hey, Laurie. I'm here for Y/n."

"What happened to your face?"

"Um, I got jumped on the way home last night. These guy's. Those kids from the gas station that were messing with me. I tried to stand up for myself, and they, um.....Don't worry, Y/n wasn't there."