Bad Memories

Walking inside the restaurant, I see Karen sitting beside her husband, Ray. Karen's daughter, Allyson was sitting beside some boy.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" Laurie said.

"Great timing mom, hi."

Karen was Laurie's daughter. Everyone greets me, and Laurie. Laurie, and I take a seat beside each other. I watch her, as she grabs a glass of wine chugging it down.

"Hey mom, I thought you quit drinking. This is exactly why we don't reach out."

Karen had a mad look on her face. I knew Karen, and Laurie didn't get along well. But I just don't know why Karen couldn't just drop it. All I wanted to do, was have a nice night out. Without thinking about Michael's transfer. Just a night where I could have fun.

"Ok I'm sorry." 

Laurie dropped her head down.

"How about we just start over, okay?"

Laurie started to cry.

"I saw him, the shape, I wanted to kill him, I didn't know what to do."

I could tell Karen's husband was not happy about Laurie being here.

"I think this is a little bit to much for you mom. Why don't we go for a walk okay. You said you were going to try to put the past behind you. Are you going to try, and do that?"

Now I started to get mad. How could Karen ever think Laurie should forget about her past. Her own brother tried to kill her! That's not something anyone could easily forget about. Laurie got up from her seat. I stood up, quickly shooting Karen and a dirty look. I followed Laurie out side, in to the freezing cold. I ran up to her, giving her a hug. I knew how hard this must be for her. But she can't blame Karen.

Karen told me the whole story, trying to make Laurie seem like the bad guy. But I was having none of it. I knew Laurie just wanted to protect her daughter. Karen told me the horror's she had to go through as a kid. She learnt how to shoot a gun at 8, and learnt how to fight. Karen told me how Laurie's house was a total death trap. I mean, no one can blame Laurie for how the way she is. I'm pretty sure I'd be crazy to, if my brother tried to kill me my whole life.

I held Laurie tight, making sure she was okay.

"Hey hun, why don't you come to my place for a bit? I'll cook something up nice for you." I offered Laurie.

Since both of us didn't even get a chance to eat, I wanted to go home, and cook for both of us.

"Please Laurie."

"Okay, okay let's go."

I got into my car, waiting for Laurie get into hers until I pulled out. Driving home, I thought about how my life was going to change now that I wouldn't get to see Michael anymore. Arriving at my house I pulled in my driveway, with Laurie pulling in beside me. Laurie never came to visit me, saying that the house was too evil for her to be in, because it was the, old Myers home. I unlock the front door, and held it open for Laurie. Looking back, Laurie was standing looking up at the window, where Michael's sister's room was.

"Laurie, come on, its too cold out here."

I felt bad for her, I really did. I walked in, after Laurie. Turning on all the lights, I went in the kitchen.

"So Laurie, do you want tacos, or spaghetti."

"You can make what ever you want."

I decided to go with tacos. Taking out every thing I needed to make tacos, I looked around for Laurie. She was sitting on the couch, just staring.

"Y/n, he's going to come for me, I know it."

"You mean Michael."

"Yes Michael, who else would I be talking about."

"He's being transferred in a bus with guards, there's no way he would escape."

"Y/n, you don't know Michael like I do."

"Laurie, lets just say he did escape, the police would catch up with him before he could do anything."

"No Y/n, you don't get it. I just know he's going to come for me tomorrow. It is Halloween after all."

"you have to stop being so paranoid."

I continued to cook our food. As I put the garlic bread in the toaster oven, I heard Laurie get up off the couch. She walked over and sat down at the table.

"Y/n listen, you're smart. I told you about Michael. You know how dangerous he is."

"I know but, when I cared for him these past months, he didn't show any aggression towards me at all."

"Oh come on, you know it was just all on act."

Having getting tired of Laurie I just agreed. I finished cooking, and made us each a plate. Giving Laurie her plate, I sat down beside her with my food.

"I just want to protect you."

"I know that you do, but I think you need protecting the most. How about we just eat, and not worry about Michael tonight."

Laurie sighed, and ate her food. 

Secretly, I wished Michael would escape tonight. I just now realized how miserable my life would become . I just wouldn't be able to do it without him. I missed him already. I had this very strong connection with him, and I don't want it to end just yet.

After we were done eating, Laurie left to go back home.