First Victims

"Corey, can you go tie Aaron down in the basement?"

"Sure, I'll go do that."

"Hurry back up. I want you to do something else."

He nodded his head and left my room. There was really nothing to worry about. Michael was fine out there by himself. Well not really after he almost got killed by Laurie. That's another thing. If I wasn't there, Michael and Corey would both be dead. It's best not to think much about the past. Laurie was tough. But Michael was also injured, but I'm pretty sure he could take care of a couple of teens. Hearing the basement stairs creak, I knew Corey was done.

"Corey."

"Yeah?"

"Can you go out in the woods and look for Michael. And maybe keep an eye out on the kids' friends."

"Are you coming with me?"

"I'm going to stay here and finish the job. Go ahead without me. I'll find you."

Corey takes his leave, walking past me to the front door. Once he was gone, I grabbed a knife out of the kitchen cabinet. The basement light was still on from when Corey was down there. For some reason, Aaron wasn't screaming at all or showing any signs of struggling. Walking down the stairs, I saw him tied to a chair straight ahead. He was obviously freaked out and shaking. But not yelling for help. This kid was probably so traumatized. That's his fault for wandering into my woods, which I now own. We would all need to come up with a cleaning arrangement because I am not going to clean up all the messes Corey and Michael leave.

"Please don't kill me."

"Shhh, be quiet."

Taking small steps closer to him, I raise the knife, taunting him. His face got even more sweaty with his big eyes staring back at me.

"You don't have to do this."

"I do."

"Let me go, and I won't say anything. No one will know."

"Now, someone as smart as me would never let my prey go. You really are one stupid boy."

Better put him out of his misery now. We were almost touching now as I raised my knife close to his neck. He yelled out as loud as he could but stopped as soon as the front door opened and slammed shut. Before anymore noise could be uttered out of him I quickly slit his throat. The blood ran out in mere seconds, instantly killing him. While I made my way back up the stairs, I hid my knife in my back pocket. Rapid movement could be heard throughout the house. It was definitely not Corey, because he knew I was here and would let himself know by speaking. Peeking around the wall, two people came in my direction. Once they saw me, they stopped.

"Is this your residence, ma'am? questioned one of the boys.

He had short brown hair and piercing blue eyes. The other boy had curly blonde hair with dark green eyes.

"Yeah, what are you doing in my house?"

"Me and my friends were attacked! Have you seen a tall boy with black hair?"

"I'm sorry, I haven't."

"My name is Nathan, and this is Aiden."

He points over to the blonde-haired boy.

"Do you have a phone we could use?" Asked Aiden.

"No, there is no service out here."

"Shit. What do we do now?" Aiden asked his friend.

"Ummmm. Do you know any place closer to here that we could get to on foot?"

"There isn't a store or anything close to here for miles."