The Hospital Visit

After arriving at the hospital, Laurie and I walk inside the Corey. She must have put a bandage around his hand while they were together. Standing at the reception desk was Nurse Deb. She was one of the people I hated the most here. Deb liked to act like a whore to the boss so she'd get a promotion and have some fun at his house. It was pretty gross how he laid his eyes on her, given how young she was.

"This gentleman had an accident and needs a little fix-up." Laurie said to Deb.

I gave Laurie a death stare. She knew I hated Deb. Corey takes a seat, and I go look for the boss. Technically, I couldn't help anybody unless I was being supervised. Before I could go find him, he turned around a corner and spotted me.

"Hey, Y/n. What are you doing here? I thought I told you, you're off today."

I was not going to let Deb near Corey.

"My friend got injured, so I wanted to help him."

"Oh, okay. Get him and come with me."

"Corey, come on."

I follow my boss into the medical room, with Corey behind me. He took a seat on the examination bed in the middle of the room. My boss, Dr. Mathis, takes an alchocal wipe and takes a seat in front of Corey.

"You have significant inflammation. Um, I'm going to be nice and numb it here so my assistant can clean it up really well, and then I will get back and close it with a suture."

Going into the corner of the room, I grab a pair of tweezers, so when he's done, I can make sure all of the glass is out.

"You're gonna feel a little bit of a pinch here."

I take my place beside Dr. Mathis and watch as he works on Corey's hand.

"Cute, isn't she?"

Corey turns his head away from me.

"I don't...OW!"

Corey yelled out in pain, and I accidently bumped into the medical stand, knocking it over.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"Y/n, what are you doing?"

"It was my fault. Sorry." Said Corey."

"Y/n!" Shouted, Dr. Mathis.

I quickly tried to pick up all the supplies but failed miserably in my rushing.

"No, no, my fault. It was my fault." I said, not wanting Corey to feel like he did it.

"Just clean it up and get me a goddamn sterile kit. And give him a tetanus shot. I'll be back."

Dr. Mathis takes his gloves off, places them on the counter beside the door, and leaves, closing the door behind him. I also take my gloves off and place them in the sink beside Corey.

"You shouldn't let that guy talk to you like that. It's going to make you sad, even if you don't think it does."

"I've dealt with much worse. But thank you."

I take a seat in front of Corey.

"Anyway, I've just been dealing with it. Well, I'm supposed to get this promotion. But, either way, it's..."

"Is it worth it?"

"Not really, no."

"Then why do you do it?"

Sighing, I grab a pair of tweezers and dig into Corey's hand, taking out the left-over shards of glass.

"It keeps me distracted from what happened years ago. That's not something that can be easily forgotten."