On The Run

People always say that evil can come in one shape or another. But to actually believe that, everyone did. But, I just denied it. Like I always did. People like Michael, Corey, and I weren't insane. It's the people who want to put us down and bully us into killing them. Then people want to call us monsters. It was just how this world worked. Nobody would ever be safe from it.

Since nobody saw us at the crime scenes, nobody would ever know that we were there. To be honest, we could stay here in Haddonfield. But, no. I wanted to get out of this place and start a new life somewhere else. And Corey also wanted to do that. We could get our own cabin in the woods, away from everyone. That was like a dream come true. I was going to make that happen for us. Just laying here thinking about all this like it was going to be real without working for it. Getting up off the bed, Corey and Michael were still sleeping. I assumed Michael was, it was just hard to tell because he had a mask on. Walking through the tunnels, I go outside to see that it is early in the morning. Instead of waiting for everyone to get up, I'd go and do something myself. The truck might still be at the house from yesterday. I could go and get that, grab some stuff, and bring it here. Then we could leave. Walking up the hill, I stuck to the side of the street. Looking back one final time at the sewer, I saw Michael standing there, looking over at me. I wave over at him.

"I'm going to get us a vehicle. I'll be back soon."

The walk there didn't take me long, as I didn't stop anywhere. Barely any cars passed me, and I wore another jacket to hide the bloody clothes from last night. I suppose none of us changed our clothes. When I arrived at the house, there was caution tape stuck everywhere. All the vehicles were in their original spots. Laurie's truck, my car, and the truck we took from the garage shop. I couldn't exactly steal Laurie's, or maybe I could. That one would be way better than the other one. The only bad side was her knowing where her keys were. Stepping over the tape, I check Laurie's truck first to see if the keys are inside. Nope, they weren't in there. Of course. Now everything was going to be much more complicated. I'd rather have a truck so I can haul stuff. If I can find the keys, i'm just going to have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that I'm going to have to just use my car instead. Going over to the front door, I tried to turn the door knob. It was locked. Using all the force from my foot, kicking the door in was quite easy. It flew open with a thud as it hit the wall. I rush in and close it behind me before anyone sees that I am here. There was police tape inside too, with blood stains that weren't cleaned yet.

Looking over at the stand beside the door, I saw the truck key in the bowl. Thankfully, they were here, and I didn't have to do more searching. Hearing a noise got me spooked. There's no way squatters would be here already. The direction of the sound was hard to pin down. I couldn't tell if it was coming from inside or outside. Suddenly, the door opened behind me. Turning around, I almost had a heart attack, thinking it was the police. It was just Corey.

"Corey? How did you know I was here?"

"I saw you leave."

"Shit, guess I'm not that great of at sneaking."

"No, you aren't."

"Why did you follow me though?"

"To see what you were up to."

"Omg."

"What?"

"You thought I was going to leave without you two, didn't you?"

"No. How could you say that?"

"I'm joking. I need to go grab some things. Don't you dissapear on me."

Walking up the stairs to my room, I grab all the necessities like money, hair dye, and even a backpack filled with clothes. While packing, thumping and glass breaking could be heard from down the stairs. What the hell was Corey even doing? Once I was finished, I headed back down the stairs with my pack swung over my shoulder.

"Corey?"

"I'm in the kitchen."

Looking in there, Corey was smashing vases on the floor. He picked one up off the counter and threw it across the room.

"You had your fun. Let's go."

Corey follows behind me as I go outside. He goes and gets on the passenger side. While getting in the front, I throw my pack in the back seat. This was a nice little truck. We could haul anything we wanted, and it had lots of space. Turning it on, I pull out of the driveway, running through the police tape. Once we got to the bridge, I pulled down the hill, beeping the horn. We have been sitting here for about a couple of minutes now, and Michael still hasn't come out yet.

"Corey, can you go get him?!"

"No, he's your boyfriend."

"Fine. Just don't be expecting any favors from me."

Opening the truck door, I slammed it forcefully shut. He should have heard that one. This would be the last time I'd ever step into a sewer again. These things are nasty.

"Michael! Get your ass out here!"

Well, that didn't work. Crouching down, I made my way through the tunnel. After coming to the end of it, I stood back up and looked around for him. Where could he even be? Maybe he was in his room and a little hard of hearing. Who knows. Taking a left from the main part of the sewers, I go to his room. He was now the one wasting our time about getting out of here. I didn't expect to see what I saw next. Michael was lying on his bed and seemed to be sleeping?

"Michael?"

Now this has absolutely scared the shit out of me. I was expecting the worse as I walked over to him. Before I could reach the bed, Michael sat straight up.

"Holy shit! Was that necessary?"

I can't believe that in the short amount of time I was gone, I thought he was dead. How stupid of me.

"Didn't you hear the beeping from outside? You must have heard it. See, Corey is beeping right now because we are taking too long."

Michael gets up off the bed and walks over to me.

"Come on, big guy, we don't have all day."

Michael follows behind me as we leave the sewer. It's about time we leave this place. Corey keeps honking the horn as he can clearly see Michael and I walking out. Going over to the back door, I open it for Michael. He stands there as I get in the front seat.

"Would you like for me to lift you in too?"

He doesn't look at me as he gets in, closing the door behind him.

"I'm not going to miss this place at all."

"Me neither Corey. I couldn't imagine a better way of leaving either."

"Hit that gas pedal, Y/n. I want out of this town before sunset."

"On it."

Now all that was left was to see where the road would take us. I didn't bother choosing a direction. A random one was much faster than trying to think which way was which. That didn't matter anymore. After all this time, we're finally getting out, and together at that. I would like us all to settle down somewhere in the woods, far from civilization. So Michael could still kill people without bringing suspicion to our house. Maybe we would get lucky, and people would sometimes go camping in our woods. The only hard thing was getting rid of the evidence. But that might actually be easy, with nobody around and a lot of space. For now, that didn't matter, all I cared about is that I had the best two people in the world sitting with me. After all the hardships in life we had to endure, we stuck together. And now we're free.