The Visit

Picking up my clipboard I quickly wrote down that he was acting normal and he was quiet, as he usually is. I fixed my  shirt from when Michael grabbed me. Sometimes I lied when I wrote down Michael's notes because I didn't want the people that work here to think he's gotten more crazy than he already was. Now I knew he was dangerous, but I knew he'd never kill me. He acts different around me than he does other staff members that has watched him in the past. I know for sure he has never hugged another nurse before.

   Knowing I was probably important to him made me smile. It was not his fault; he does what he does. I caught Michael looking at me, and I kept on smiling at him. Laurie would have a fit if she knew that Michael chocked me. I would never hear the end of it. So Laurie can never find out. Now I've had thoughts I wanted to act on but I never kissed Michael before, so I don't know how he would react.

   I might just play it safe and kiss his cheek. Michael had the chance to kill me every single time I was in here but he never did. My feelings were growing deeper and deeper every time I came in here with him.

   I walked back over to Michael, looking at him. I stopped in front of him. He had his hands placed in his lap, watching me. I wanted to believe he felt something for me the way I felt for him. Bending down slowly, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Hearing the door click open had me back up in no time. I quickly turned around. It was Dr. Sartain, my boss. My face was completely red. I hoped he didn't see me kissing him I'm sure he would have said something by now.

      "Y/n" I would like to speak to you in private, come with me dear." Dr. Sartain said while waving for me to hurry up.

   I wiped my hair out of my face and went out Michael's room with Sartain. As I followed him in the halls, I couldn't help but thinking back to the kiss I gave Michael. Next time I'm defiantly giving him a real kiss whether he likes it or not. Sartain took me to his office and told me to sit down. I saw down and he sat down on his chair behind his desk.

  "Y/n", there are 2 visitors here to see Michael Myers, and I want you to come along since you're his nurse."

   "Sure thing Dr. Sartain. Are they reporters?"

  "Yes "Y/n", they are, now come on we don't have much time. Michael should be outside now chained up."

   I get up following Dr. Sartain to the visiting room. We arrive and I see a woman and a man beside her. Sartain gets in front of me opening up the door. He walks in and I walk in after him.

  "Good afternoon" Sartain says to them.

  "Good afternoon." The man says back respectfully.

   "I'm Dr. Ranbir Sartain."

   "It's Great to finally meet you. Thank you so much for taking the time to finally meet with us today. We were hoping to have this opportunity before his transfer to the new facility." Said the woman.

  Transfer, what transfer? I thought, starting to panic. Why were they transferring Michael and why did no one tell me this.

   "For years he's been kept here to be studied. I suppose the state has lost interest in discovering anything further." Sartain Said

   "Well, that's why we're here." The man let out a huge smile while saying that.

   Personally I never liked reporters. So being here with these reporters is making me very nervous. I have no idea how Michael will react to these people seeing him.

   If Michael was being transferred, there was nothing I could do about it. Maybe I could talk some sense into Sartain, to keep Michael here. But then again I don't want anyone to find out about my feelings for him and get fired. If I could, I would do anything to keep Michael from leaving.

   Dr. Ranbir Sartain, introduced the reporters to me as Michael's nurse, and they kept pestering me with questions. It was very un-nerving.

  While walking to go outside, Dr. Sartain, was talking to the reporters, while I was lost in my own thoughts about Michael.

  "Michael has been my life's obsession. I have examined every single case file ever written on him. I was a student of Dr. Loomis before he passed away, and then I lobbied the university of Illinois to be assigned to Michael myself."

  I heard of Dr. Loomis before how he was Michael's doctor. Other than that I knew nothing of him.

   "Any progress?" asked the woman.

   "He's been seen by over 50 clinical physiatrists, and with each, many different opinions. Dr. Loomis was the only one to see him in the wild, and he concluded he was nothing more than pure evil." replied Sartain.

  As we all step outside, I can't imagine what my life would be like if Michael was gone. I knew growing attached to him was wrong. But I could not help myself.

  "He can speak, he just chooses not to."

   I looked over sadly at Michael chained up with his back towards us. He does not deserve this. This is the first time I've been allowed to come out when the inmates are out here getting some sunshine.

  The man started blurting out how he wanted to stand closer to Michael. I thought that was a terrible idea but I wouldn't be able to change the persistent reporters mind.

   "I would like to get a sense of his awareness or lack of awareness." 

   "Make no mistake, he's aware. He was watching you as you arrived." said Sartain

   There was a yellow line around each of the inmates. None of the inmates could cross the yellow line. It was impossible because they were chained up. Sartain told us the reporters to step up to the yellow line and no further. I followed along beside Sartain.

   "Do not cross the line under any circumstances."

   "Michael?" asked Sartain.

   "I've got some people here that would like to meet you."

     The man told Michael his name was Aaron Corey and that he's been following his case for years, and would like to know more about him. I laughed silently at that because I knew Michael would never talk to them. The man started walking closer to Michael as the woman stayed back. The man stepped to the very edge of the yellow tape around Michael. My eyes were glued to the man as he started reaching for something in his bag. He pulled out the mask Michael wore and held it in front of him asking him if he could feel the masks presence.

   At this point all the inmates started to act crazy. It was terrifying non the less.

   "You can feel it can't you?" questioned Aaron.

   "It's a part of you Michael."

  All the inmates starting yelling and the alarms were going off. oh boy, this was going to be a long day.