Chapter Twenty-Two: Heir Apparent

[Lupin]

All of us were in the Enchanted Woods, as we watch Nick and Daggeron spar against each other.

Daggeron knocked Nick to the ground, and Nick blocks the sword. "Sorry, young warrior. Next time, I'll take it easy on you." Daggeron said. "Don't even think about it." Nick said, and he stood back up..

"Why doesn't he use his laser lamp?" Xander asked Udonna.

"In bound battle training, only swords can be used and no magic. Daggeron is very skilled in this technique." Udonna explained.

"Because I was taught by the best. Now Nick is going to be beat- I mean, taught- by the best." Daggeron said.

Vida laughed.

"I see that humility doesn't set in as one reaches, uh, middle age." Nick said.

"Ooh!" Vida said.

"You got burned!" I said to Daggeron.

"Middle age?" Daggeron questioned. Nick laughed. They went towards each other.

"Nick's got this one wrapped up." Vida said.

"He got this in the bag." I said.

"Oh, it's not over yet." Xander said.

Nick threw Daggeron's sword into the air, he caught it and hands it back to him.

"Aw, you had him don't give him his sword back." Vida said.

"Well, there wouldn't be any honor if he wins like that, now would it?" I asked.

Nick and Daggeron continue to spar, and in the end Nick made Daggeron dropped to the ground. All of us cheered.

"Good work, Nick. You took me fair and square, and you did it with honor." Daggeron said.

Nick helped Daggeron up.

"I just got lucky." Nick said.

"There's no luck here. Your skill is growing stronger." Daggeron said. Him and Nick went towards us. "In fact, you have all improved." He said.

"Thanks to you." Madison said.

"we couldn't have done it without you." Kai said.

"You were taught by the best, and so are we. Maybe one day we can be as good as Leanbow." Chip said. Daggeron stuttered. Chip realized what he said, and looks at Udonna.

"I'm sorry, Udonna. I told Chip about your husband. He promised not to say a word." Daggeron said.

"And I didn't... until now." Chip said.

"Does someone want to fill us in?" Xander asked.

"Udonna, he was a great man, a hero. Perhaps it's time they learned about him." Daggeron said.

"Yes. It's time we told you the whole story." Udonna said.

𝓜𝓐𝓖𝓘𝓒

All of us are now back at Rootcore. I was standing next to Nick. Kai was sitting next to Xander.

"Before the Great War, Leanbow and I lived happily with our baby. His name was Bowen." Udonna said. "We were also great friends with Helen, her husband, and their baby, Lucas."

"Who is me." I said. "You're welcome."

Everyone chuckled.

"Yes, Lupin. We very well know that you are their child." Udonna said.

"Leanbow was my mentor." Daggeron said, continuing the story. "The forces of evil attacked, and we fought them on all fronts. Leanbow fought bravely, but Morticon and his troops were too strong. We needed a plan, so Leanbow met with Niella and myself." He said.