Chapter Eight: Stranger Within

Kai POV

Leelee tried to ask Nick to go to the new DJ with her, but he declined, and Xander says he'll take his place.

"He can't go either, he's the one I have plans with." Nick said, as he came out of the office.

"Why does he almost always throw himself at people?" Lupin asked, as he stood next to me.

"Desperation." I replied. Lupin hummed.

"Lupin?" Nick questioned, as he finally saw him. "Why and when were you here?" He asked, trying to act like he wasn't surprise.

"I've been here the whole time." Lupin replied. "And for the why, I was originally here to look for you, but you seemed busy, so I talk Kai the whole time."

"Wait." Xander said, as he appear. "You two know each other?"

"We've been the best of friends for weeks now." I said. "You two just didn't notice."

Nick and Xander look at each other, like they're having a silent conversation.

Lupin and I look at each other, and shrugged.

"DJ Fly, never heard of him. Is he good?" Vida asked, as she took he poster.

"He's just like the hottest new DJ around." Leelee said. "I'm surprised you haven't heard of him."

"I better check this guy out." Vida said.

"Great, you can go with me." Leelee said.

"Vida has plans too." Nick said.

"But there's new talent in town." Vida said. "Our plans can wait 'til tomorrow."

"No, they can't You gave your word, that you'll help V." Nick said, as he push Leelee out the door. "Thanks for the invite Leelee, another time. We're closed."

"I guess, it's time for me to go." Lupin said, as he puts on his Black Jacket. "See ya." He said, and went out the door.

"Bye." We said, as he left.

"We have the Fire Heart Scroll, to figure out." Nick said. "Chip and Madison are waiting on Rootcore, remember?" He said.

"Since when did you become Nick the good witch of Briarwood?" Xander questioned.

"At least, he's responsible." I said.

"You coming V?" Nick asked.

"Be there in a few, I've got some paperwork to catch upon." Vida said.

Nick, Xander and I left.

𝓜𝓐𝓖𝓘𝓒

All of us except for Vida, were at Rootcore.

"Maybe we're not meant to find the Fire Heart." Xander said.

"Come on, don't give up. Never give up." Nick said, as he hands Madison and I some books.

"Wow, Nick that's inspiring." Madison said.

"Yeah, that's what I though, when Udonna yelled at me this morning, when I was ready to quit." Nick said. "By the way, where is Udonna?" He asked.

"Last time I saw Udonna, she was teaching Clare another invisibility spell." Madison said.

"Hope it goes well." I said.

"Which could be the problem right there." Chip said, and we laughed a bit.

Vida came in. "Yo, crew. Sorry, I'm late." She said.