32. The end.

The soft sheets ran along her skin as she tossed and turned unable to relax and settle to sleep. Flipping towards the window, the canvas of orange, pink and purple painted across the sky. Restlessness finally getting the better of her, traipsing over to the doors miserably and out on to the cool sand.

The morning breeze brushed through Kate's hair as she pulled her knees up to her chest as she sat looking over the sea, enjoying the scenery. Seagulls flew around chirping happily a complete oxymoron to the waves of emotion going on inside of Kate.
On one hand, she was elated for Alice and Frank and their amazing marriage that was to come.
However, the heartbreak that came with watching them being incredibly happy made her ache with grief for what she could never have.

Kate gazed over to the beach house to see all of the lights still off, meaning that everyone was asleep. Staring off into the sea again, it wasn't long until she heard the popping of her friends apparating away back home. Her solitude gratefully wasn't interrupted as the tide washed in and out, pulling away at the beach.

Looking over back to the house after hearing what she thought was the last people leaving, she had to do a double take as a figure became more clear.
James?

He was striding towards her with his linen dressing gown flowing behind him as the breeze blew. His hair being pushed back from the confident steps he was taking. Kate's face contorted as she stood up quickly to meet James as he got closer and closer, getting bigger and bigger.

"Why are you still here?" Kate rambled. "Your mum will be worried. You should go. Why did you stay?"
"Kate." He interrupted her incessant rambling.
"What?" Kate breathed, chest heaving from the eruption of words that had spilled out in a nervous blunder.
The silence in between what he said next danced around and through the pair who were starting into each others eyes longingly, waiting for James to speak.

"I can't do this anymore." He stated and saw Kate look at him with the upmost confusion.
"I can't, I won't pretend that I don't want to be around you constantly. Or that I can't stop looking at you whenever you enter a room because you take my breath away. Or be entranced by even your scent, I can't smell lavender without thinking of you.
I can't Kate. I just can't." He passionately exploded. "I can't not love you, for real." He said before quickly turning on his heels and walking away.  The butterflies erupted in her stomach and rampant feeling as if they'd gone feral. It was like a film, she stood in shock before the realisation that the James she'd loved for the longest time was finally loving her back.

"James!" Kate shouted and ran after him and when catching up to him flung her arms around his neck her tears dampening the crook of his neck.
"I've loved you." She sniffled. "I've loved you for
so long. Since christmas!" Kate laughed and leant on to kiss James. They finally kissed and she finally felt complete, James loved her. He was hers.
"I love you." Kate smiled one more time before James picked her up and span her around not before muttering in her ear. "I love you too."

The moment was magical. They were absorbed in it, foreheads pressed together and breathing heavily.
"Why did we wait so long?" James breathed out with a wide smile.
"It was rule number five. Don't, under any circumstances fall in love for real." Kate replied.
"Well we both fucked that bit up." James joked before turning serious. "How long?"
"Since around Christmas." Kate looked down, embarrassed.
"Since Christmas?" He looked taken aback. "You broke up with me and then watched me with Lily?"
"Yep." Kate said awkwardly and rocked back on her feet.
"You know that our friends have been scheming for us to get to get together right." He smirked.
"Obviously." Kate rolled her eyes at the very blatant plans of their friends who thought that them running away while the two were alone wasn't a give away.

Suddenly, James ran out to the edge of the sea screaming. "I Love Kate Taylor! Not In A Fake Way!" While Kate watched his burst of emotion in wonder.     He then ran back excitedly and picked her up once again being the one to kiss her this time before running back up to the house, her in his arms and then placed her onto the bed gently.
"Will you be my real girlfriend?" He asked sitting down next to her.
"Only if you'll be my real boyfriend." Kate quipped back with a smile. The two couldn't be happier. the bottled up feelings for months had finally fizzled over and they had finally confessed to being absolutely enamoured with each other.

"However, we have to keep it quiet for a while. We don't want to take away from Frank and Alice." Kate explained seriously.
"That's fine, I can keep you all to myself for a little while." He smirked while snaking his hands around her waist.
"No." She smacked his hands away with hers and gave him a slow kiss. "Another time, and not in Alice's beach house."

"Why must you be so beautiful." James said, his eyes exploring Kate's face.
"Oh, shut up." She mutters as the pink pigment rose up her cheeks and James chucked deeply, then pulling his hand up and tucking a piece of hair behind Kate's ear.

"Did I tell you that I'm hugely, massively, entirely in love with you?" James expressed.
"You might of." Kate replied with a huge smile before pulling James in by the collar and kissing him desperately one more time before grabbing her bag and suddenly apperating away leaving James breathless.

"That girl is unreal." He whispered to himself, shaking his head and leaving to grab his bags.

-

an/
they finally did it!!!!
Jate warriors rise!!!!
it's realllll!

Unreal Love ~ jp जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें