8. Snogging and Pizza

Now mid November the Scottish highlands were absolutely baltic. Unfortunately, Kate was sat in charms, instead of near the fireplace. The stone walls had no insulation, some professors were nice enough to use a warming charm. This one however, was not.
"I'm freezing my fucking tits off." Kate said, shivering slightly and blowing into her hands.
"Maybe don't do that, I do quite like them." James replied, smirking.
"Oh shut up, you don't have to do it when we're alone." Kate rolled her eyes at him.
"Do you not have a scarf?" he asked.
"No, I never got one. Expensive."
James nodded in acknowledgment.

Kate was grateful having James sitting next to her, he made the dull theory lessons entertaining and the practical ones informative, even rising her grade from an A to an E.

"Ok, before we end, this homework assignment is a partner one." A collective groan came from the class. "Your partner will be the person you are sat next to." She stated.
"The assignment is to research a charm of your choice and to write 3 rolls of parchment and learn how to perform it. I expect it completed by the February break." She finished.

James threw his arm around Kate, therefore warming her up a little.
"Oh no! You're going to have to spend even more time with me." He said with a fake pout.
"God, how am I to survive?" Kate sighed and brought her hand up to her forehead.
"Potter, Taylor! Stop flirting in the middle of class!" The professor interrupted.
"But professor." James pointed at the clock ticking on the wall in a dramatic manner. "It's the end of class." He said, just in time for the bell to ring.
She didn't look amused at his antics and rolled her eyes and regretfully muttered.
"I suppose you're right Mr Potter, off you go everyone."

Everyone piled out of the classroom.
"It's so fucking cold." Kate said as she caught up to her group.
"I know, I can't feel my feet." Dorcas added.
"Do you reckon it's going to snow this year?" Kate continued.
"Yea, it does every year Kate, and you get just as excited every year."
"That's because it's gorgeous."
All of the girls were shivering, the beautiful bit horrifically old architecture of the castle made
it absolutely freezing. Just stone and old wood, letting in a draft from outside.

"What are we going to do for the rest of the day?" Marlene asked.
"I say we get in bed and stay there." Alice suggested.
"I would, but I promised Amos that I would go and see him." Lily added and pointed down the corridor with a shrug.
"Alright Lil, we'll see you later yea?" Dorcas asked.
"Yes, you'll see me later." She said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes and started to walk away.
The group waved goodbye to Lily and continued their walk to the common room.
"But if we're having a night in, what are we going to do about dinner?" Marlene asked.
"I could make us pizza?" Kate suggested.
The three girls whipped their heads around.
"Will you finally tell us where the kitchens are?" Alice asked and pointed at Kate.
"No! It's my spot, and the elves like me."
Disappointment is present on the three faces and their shoulders drop.
"I'll make whatever pizza you want." Kate bargained and bit her lip hopefully.
"Fine." They reluctantly agreed with a huff.
"Only, only, because you're great at cooking." Marlene said with a slight threatening tone.

The group finally reached their dorm and collapsed onto their beds. The mattress's swallowing them in with comfort and warmth.
"How long do you think Lily will be with Amos for? So I know when to head off." Kate asked.
"Well, first they're going to sit and talk and pretend they don't want to snog. Then eventually, they'll get to the snogging." Alice said.
"Then they're going to snog until Lily gets bored, and finally, when she remembers us, she'll come back." Dorcas finished.
"So around an hour ish?" Kate asked.
They nodded.