31. The beach holiday pt.2

day2
The next morning was filled with splitting headaches, muggle paracetamol and a full english breakfast that Kate had made. Plates full of eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, beans and toast.
Kate was setting out the table when people descended down the stairs.
"How are you not dead right now?" Alice asked with a groan and a rub with her temples.
"I took a shower and had some toast and medicine." Kate replied. "I've also been up for like two hours."
"I love you." Marlene sighed into her full plate of food.
"I love you too Mar." Kate laughed and began to fill up her own plate.

Now less zombie like, they all went up to get ready for the day. They knew that today was going to be slower as everyone was groggier than usual. Kate found herself on the small porch, through the double doors in her bedroom. She sat on one of the weaved chairs atop the wooden patio, looking out to the sea crawling up the beach. It was relaxing.
However, that serenity was interrupted when Kate saw some of her friends head down the shore, now disturbed, she made her way to see the small group that stayed up in the house.

"Hey, what are you guys up to?" Kate asked the group sat around the table.
"We're just chatting." Lily answered with a smile and pulled out the chair next to her.
"Yea, but about what?" Kate urged.
"Books, music, stuff." Remus answered.
"Because that's not vague." Kate laughed as she sat down on the seat.
"How are you feeling after last night?" Asked Frank, leant on his elbows.
"I actually can't remember much, just us moving to the living room." Kate lied.
"Wow. You're such a lightweight." Remus snorted.
"Unfortunately." She shrugged.

"What are the others doing out on the beach?" Kate asked after hearing screaming from outside.
"They're getting in the sea, and from the sounds of it having fun?" Lily turned around slightly concerned and a laugh echoed around the table.

-

day3
Today the group decided to go down to the local town for the market. It was only a short walk to the town. It was small and quaint the stalls filled with fresh food and produce, little handmade trinkets, second hand clothes, books and vinyls.
"This. Is. Heaven." James heard Kate breathe out as she took in the scenery.

The smell of the wooden stalls got stronger as they got closer to them as Kate floated over to the one filled to the brim with every fruit and vegetable imaginable. She was glowing. He watched as she gently conversed with the man at the stall and quickly handed him her money, stuffing an assortment into her basket. She had made her way to the second hand clothes stand, he hadn't even realised that she'd realised his presence until she turned round with a shirt.

"You'd look nice in this." She stated.
"Hmm?" He asked not completely listening, just wandering and staring.
"I said, you'd look good in this." She repeated. The shirt was a button down with large palm leaves randomly placed over it.
"You think?" James asked.
"Yea, it's summery, fits the weather." She smiled.
"I'll think about it." He considered as Kate rummaged through the rack some more, until she wandered off to the next stall.

Small trinkets were laid out haphazardly across the table. He watched as Kate observed the table to see if anything caught her eye. He felt entranced by her even when she was simply standing.
He wanted her more than anything in the world.

-

"He's just following her around. He's whipped." Frank said, staring at the two talking across the market. "He's like a puppy dog."
"But she's oblivious." Alice commented.
"We'd need to slap her in the face with it before she realised." Lily snorted from behind them.
The group had all gathered around now, looking at the two in their own world.
"The day they get together is going to be euphoric." Remus sighed while rubbing his forehead.
"I say we're done shopping right guys?" Marlene smirked and had a mischievous look in her eyes.
"Definitely, they can make their way back on their own." Dorcas quickly agreed with her girlfriend and everyone followed suit.