2. Charms and pink liquid

"Good morning class, take your seats." The professor said and the girls sat in their usual pattern. Lily and Marlene at the front, Alice and Dorcas behind them and then Kate behind them.

They talked while the rest of the class filed in. The classroom filled up with people, only four seats left empty. Everyone knew who those four seats were left. One next to Kate. She was hoping for Remus or maybe Peter as they were more relaxed than James and Sirius.

Finally, they came crashing through the classroom door, looking at each other and scrambling towards the free seats. Remus and Sirius got the double table, Peter slumping down next to a Ravenclaw. Leaving James to sit next Kate.
"Hello Kate."
"Hi James."
"Are you any good at charms?" He asked.
"I think so, it's not my best." Kate replied.
"Well it's your lucky day, I'm great at charms." He boasted.
"Oh wow, thanks." Kate replied sarcastically.

"Today we will be doing the, feather-light charm." The professor stated. "The charm changes the weight of an object or person." He added. "The incantation is 'plumalevare' and the motion is to flick your wand upwards. Now I will be handing out objects for you to reduce the weight of, then moving onto a partner, the person you're sitting next to."

The weights are handed out and placed on the table. Kate tried to lift it but only got it around an inch off the table. "Plumalevare." Kate said, flicking her wand upwards then attempting to pick it up again, being able to lift it further up off of the table.
The class had all now successfully made their weights as light as a feather.

The silence between Kate and James was awkward, not sharing more than an awkward smile for the rest of the class. Taking notes as the professor goes on about the uses of the feather light charm. Kate was only Lily's friend to James, their only two interactions being the one on the train, and today, in class.

The bell rings.
Kate quickly packs up her things and leaves waiting for the girls outside.

"Saved by the bell." Kate says when she sees Lily and Marlene leave the classroom.
"How was he?" Lily asked.
"He was fine, I just didn't want to be lifted by him."
"Fair enough." Dorcas replied.
"What do you guys have now?" Alice asked.
"I have potions." Marlene said.
"Me too." Added Alice.
"Oh fuck, I've got ancient runes. Do any of you?Dorcas looked desperately at Lily and Kate.
"Free period." Both girls said.
"Sorry Dor." Said Kate.
She groaned and started to walk sluggishly to ancient runes. Soon after Alice and Marlene headed off to potions.

Kate and Lily went off too the common room. The Gryffindor common room was truly beautiful. The red and gold trimmings and matching furniture and soft carpet.
"I think I'm going to do some reading in the library, is that alright?" Lily asked.
"Of course, that's fine. I'll see you in a bit." Kate gives Lily a wave as she climbs back through the portrait hole.
Kate traversed up there spiral staircase towards the dorm.

The Gryffindor tower was one of the most amazing places in the castle just under the astronomy tower, and the kitchen. The Scottish highlands were such a unique place the snow every Christmas was gorgeous.

-

Lunch had now started, therefore Kate made her way to the great hall and sat next to Dorcas, who was already at the table.
"Hiya Dor, how was ancient runes?"
"Boring as fuck, remind me why I picked it again?"
"Mellisa redstone picked it."
"Oh yea, I still haven't talked to her." Dorcas sighed sadly. "It's kind of pathetic."
"Do you still like her?" Kate asked.
"Well yea, but I think I like someone else more." She replied.
"Who?" Kate inquired.
Just as Dorcas was about to answer, Marlene, Alice and Lily arrived at the table.
"Hi guys, how was potions?" Dorcas quickly changed the subject.
"It was ok, nothing too interesting." Alice answered, and everyone started adding food to their plates.
"I saw Amos when I was in the library." Lily said. "He said he wants to take me on the first Hogsmeade trip of the year."
"Awh how sweet." Alice said.
"Did you just talk in the library?" Marlene asked Lily while wiggling her eyebrows.
The gingers cheeks brightened.
"Mhm." She answered unconvincingly. "I'll tell you when we're at the dorm later."

Suddenly a commotion came from the Hufflepuff table. Looking over Kate sees that Amos's drink had exploded all over his uniform and dyed it pink. Kate holds in a laugh as more people start noticing that Amos's face had been dyed pink.

Looking over at the 'marauders' as they liked to call themselves. They were snickering into their robe sleeves almost bursting out in laughter when Amos got up to leave to wash his face and get changed.
"Mr Potter, Mr Black, Mr Lupin, Mr Pettigrew. Detention!" Professor Mcgonagall shouted from the big head table lined with teachers.
Lily was shooting glares at the boys as the prank was clearly chosen by James in an attempt to wean Lily away from Amos.
"You're such a dick James!" Lily told him from her seat.
"Me? I was just helping you, he's a twat." James replied.

Lily got up from her seat and stormed out of the hall, angry at the boy with the glasses. Taking an angry walk to her next class.
"We should probably give her a minute to cool off, I think she might chop our heads off if we go and find her now." Alice suggested.
"Yea, I don't want to face the dragon." Dorcas added.
Noises of agreement circle around the group.
"It was kind of funny." Marlene said.
"Yea, I don't think I'd ever think to see Amos Diggory with a pink face." Kate giggled. "Cmon, let's go find her."

They got up from the table and started to hunt for Lily, she was in her normal spot, the back table in the library.
"You ok Lil?" Alice asked.
"Yea, it's just I finally find someone nice, you know and James has to ruin it."
"Well, if he's going to be put off by a few of the marauders pranks, he isn't worth you Lil." Kate comforted Lily by rubbing her shoulders, helping her relax. "Don't stress about it Lily."
Everyone agreed and convinced Lily to come to the dorm with them to have a relaxing night, of face masks and laughter.

-
The marauders were sat in their considerably messy dorm, clothes strewn everywhere, nothing in the right place, posters of bands and actresses filled the walls. Remus had a cleaner space than the other boys but it was still messy due to the morning rush, wanting to get as much sleep as possible.

"I think she's a bit pissed at you mate." Remus said.
"Really, really Moony, you think she's pissed at me?" James said sarcastically.
"Hey! It's not our fault Amos is a prick!" Sirius chimed in.
"Yea but you guys, Lily likes him." Peter said.
"So?" Countered Sirius.
"Soo.. let him fuck it up himself, show his true colours, Lily will come running to you then James." Peter advised.
"Good idea worm, let Amos be Amos." James said in an airy voice, liking the plan.

"Shes obviously daring him to make you jealous prongs, another quidditch captain, the second best one. So make her jealous too, I can give you a couple names if you'd like." Sirius teased.
"You know, loads of girls want to date you mate." Moony adds, leaning down on his bed.
"Yea but I just want Lily, she's the girl I want to be with."
"Merlin." Peter replied. "That's a bit intense mate."
"Shut up Wormtail, you'll be in love one day." James sighed romantically and flopped down onto his bed dramatically.
The boys burst out into laughter at their friends dramatic nature.

"We need to plan more pranks lads, I say we go for Slytherin next, slimy twats." Padfoot suggested.
"Slimy, how about we cover their common room in goo?" Peter added.
"And put polyjuice potion in their goblets. And turn them into the professors." Sirius exclaimed excitedly.
"Tomorrow, Moony, the professors like you most, collect some of their hair, me, Padfoot and Wormtail will figure out how to make this goo." James said.
Everyone agreed to the plan.

The next few days we're going to be exciting.