4. Fireworks and dancing

(An/ picture of costume is above.)
Halloween was on the horizon at Hogwarts. Floating pumpkins dawned the halls. Gryffindor was holding a party in the evening for Halloween. The house was famous for their after hours parties, full of drinks, dancing and some drugs. Kate had attended many of these in her time at Hogwarts. After a won quidditch match, birthdays, a lost quidditch match, Halloween, Christmas or just because someone wanted to hold one.

Everyone was waiting for the annual prank that the marauders would pull. The festering anxiety of wondering what was going to happen in the next couple of hours. They had the teachers on edge, waiting to shut it down. The longer the wait the more anticipation built up.

It finally happened at dinner. Noises were coming the grounds outside. Whizzing and popping noises enticed everyone to get up to their seats and rush to see what the palaver that was going on outside.
Kate opted to stay near the back of the crowd and to watch from the windows of the castle as to avoid the rush.

The sky was lit up with with bright fireworks. Shooting up then exploding into dazzling colours, spreading across the sky. Then fireworks that formed into shapes were projected into the air. An orange jack-o-lantern, started to dance in the sky. Then fading but being quickly replaced by a ghost, flying around and then also dissipating. Many other Halloween light shows, brightened the sky, filling everyone's eyes reflecting and swirling.

After the beautiful light show everyone made their way back to the great hall. Everything had been stuck upside down. The tables and benches were stuck to the ceiling. Somehow even the food and drink had stuck upside down.
Kate had to admit their level of magic was incredible, they had a lot of talent.

"Happy Halloween!" They shouted in unison and quickly ran away from the hall as to avoid detention from the professors.
"Off you go!" Mcgonagall shouted to the rest of the student body.
Everyone then made their way up to their dorms to get ready for the party that night. All Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and some select Slytherins fifth year and above were invited.

-

The girls were now in their dorm getting ready for the Halloween party. They were doing a group costume, they were going as Mystery inc. Marlene was Fred, Lily was Daphne, Kate was Velma, Alice was shaggy, and Dorcas was Scooby. Marlene was wearing a white top and some flared blue jeans. Lily was wearing a purple body-con dress with a green headband. Alice was wearing a brown skirt and green top. Dorcas was wearing a brown dress with some ears. Finally, Kate was wearing an orange body-con dress, that accentuated her figure, and a pair of fake glasses on her forehead.

The music was now thumping from the common room making the floor vibrate.
"We look fit." Marlene said.
"Yea we do, ready to get drunk?" Dorcas shouts.
"Fuck yes!"
Kate wasn't planning on getting too drunk, only planning on having a couple shots.

The girls start to make their way down the stairs towards the common room. The loud music pounding in Kate's ears. The common room was decorated in cobwebs, hanging ghosts and more jack-o-lanterns.
"I'm going to go and get a drink!" Kate shouted over the loud music.
"Alright see you in a bit." Alice said and also wandered off, probably to find Frank.

Kate walked over to the drinks table and poured herself a shot and quickly threw it back. Then pouring a vodka coke to sip on throughout the night.
Going back to find her friends, Kate locates Lily and sits down next to her.
"Fuck me it's loud in here." Kate said. "I can feel the vibration in my skull.
"Yea, I swear Black always turns it all the way up." Lily replied. "I'm not going to be able to hear tomorrow."
Then the song 'heart of glass' came on.
"LILY, it's our song, cmon let's dance!" Kate shouted excitedly and dragged Lily to the makeshift dance floor in the middle of the common room.
As both of the girls were the only muggleborns in the group made them more versed in muggle music, whereas Alice, Marlene and Dorcas preferred magical bands.