Chapter 3

June, 12, 2022

Mateo POV

"How do I look?" Lidia asked me for the 100th time as we stood in line for tickets

She was wearing a white crop top that looked amazing on her brown skin and high rise jeans and her black thick hair was styled with waves.

"You look pretty mommy" Penny said sweetly

Penny was wearing her favorite white sundress with small yellow flowers around it and had her favorite cookie monster slippers on because she refused to wear anything else and we have to pick our battles.

I didn't dress up too much, just jeans and a black t-shirt with a white jacket over it and I was on my phone looking up these guys.

It's not like I didn't know who they were but I wasn't nearly as obsessed with them as Lidia was.

She's been a fan of them since we were in high school and have been trying to go to their concert for years.

I knew the basics of who they were and some of their songs are pretty good, they all sing and play instruments which was cool.

Rufus was their drummer and kinda the fan favorite, He most known for his song "I wish I could get over you" which was low-key his coming out song since it was about when he had a crush on a guy because he rejected him and because he wasn't ready to come out.

He quickly became a bi icon and an whole segment on Fox News

Malcolm played guitar and was kinda the sweetheart of the band and usually sang the most; He had his own songs too that were more personal, His most popular song is "Keep going".

He started off as a child star from a family sitcom "Keeping it together" and the song was about the trauma he face from his co-stars, director, and ex manager who his parents sued for child endangerment after then 10 year old Malcom was found in a room full of strange adults smoking weed while he was sleeping on the couch.

Tagoe was an heartbreaker of the group and was known for hooking up with fans, background dancers, and crew. He almost never sang but most of his songs were dancing club music his most popular one was "Let's go!" which was about hooking up with a girl and her boyfriend getting pissed off.

"God I hope Malcom sings his voice does things to me" Lidia sighed and fanned herself with her hand

"Does what?" Penny asked confused

"Oh um..makes me happy" Lidia coughed nervously and I had to hide my smirk

"200 hundred for adults and 50 for the child" The girl at the counter told us

Lidia gave her 500 dollars which shocked me by how much money she had. The lady gave her her change and we walked inside.

"Where do you get that money?" I whispered into her ear

"I told you saving" Lidia whispered back

I had more questions but when we walked in all you could hear were screaming girls and guys and I chose to ask later.

We sat down and Lidia could barely sat still.

"Oh by the way after his we're gonna go backstage and see if I can get an autograph from Malcolm, He's so cute" Lidia told me

"Sounds great" I said nonchalant and the stadium lights went down and everyone cheered even louder

"Here comes Pluto!" The announcer said making everyone scream including Lidia and Penny