FOURTY-SEVEN | STRAWBERRY HEART & DRAGONS

Jeongguk found himself waking up earlier than usual. His usual time is pretty messed up due to his schedule, but he's currently doing everything he can to fix it. He felt relaxed when he awoke after an extra two hours of sleep. He loved it.

He exhaled through his nose and rubbed his face to help himself wake up. He blinked several times before turning to see Taehyung beside him, eyes closed peacefully. He wonders what happened to his habit of sleeping with his eyes half-open.

He turned to face Taehyung while laying on his back and lowered himself to his level. His naked body was partially exposed. He examined his body as if he were exploring the world. His body was stunning. Taehyung himself was stunning. His hand reached for his exposed waist, attempting to trail his fingers at the very top of his skin. He gently tapped his skin and drew light lines back and forth across his shoulders. He inhaled deeply through his nose and reached for the sheet to cover his waist.

When Jeongguk explored Taehyung's face, he licked his lips dry and his gaze softened even more. His face appeared more chubby in the morning, adding to his adorableness. He smiled at the way how much his face was snuggled to the pillow that his lips were parted in a small pout. He pressed his lips together in a thin line and leaned in closer, brushing his thumb across his bottom lip. He couldn't stop staring and couldn't stop smiling.

It saddened him that he was finally feeling love for a while. It's a joyful sadness. He wished to confine Taehyung in his arms and protect him from the outside world, because it was obvious that the world was a cruel place full of cruel people. He wished Taehyung would never feel threatened by cruel people.

They were both displaying obvious signs of family issues, indicating that they were both there for each other in these times of need. They discovered the most similarities in their trust in others. Jeongguk felt compelled to perform flawlessly because he believed he would never be regarded as the perfect son, as the perfect King by his mother and family. Taehyung was clingy, in the sense that he was extremely clingy when he felt safe. Adding to the list, they soon discovered that sex, in some ways, helps them feel loved. Their trust issues were gradually fading as they spent more time sharing with each other.

They'd taken the most steps, and there was no doubt about it. Jeongguk can't bear the fact that he no longer feels distant from Taehyung, and this has been going on for weeks. No awkwardness, no fighting...well, fighting may be healthy in some very specific cases to correct miscommunication, but why call it a fight then? Jeongguk needed to forget about the past for a while and enjoy the fact that he is in a healthy, non-abusive relationship. He was not compelled to engage in any current feelings or in...or in sex. He was never compelled to become anything. He chose to be here with Taehyung.

To stop zoning out, Jeongguk cleared his throat. He noticed Taehyung squeezing his brows together. He bit his lip slightly before hugging him and kissing his forehead, sensing he was having a nightmare. He resisted looking at or feeling his nightmare. He stopped whatever he was dreaming, for better or worse, with a simple contact. Soon after, he noticed Taehyung breathing through his mouth and elaned away, placing him on his own pillow.

''Hm?'' He hummed, attempting to fix the blur while attempting to wake up.

''Hm?'' He hummed, trying to fix the blur as he was trying to wake up.

''Sh sh.'' Jeongguk whispered and caressed his forhead, ''Sleep a bit more.''

''And leave you alone thinking?'' He murmed, snuggling his face completely to the pillow.

Jeongguk chuckled, ''I'm always thinking-''

''Too much.'' Taehyung said with closed eyes, pulling away from the pillow to lay on his side. ''Gguk-ah, say.''