FOURTY-SIX | JUST FOR YOU

"When I say," a hushed hurried voice said, interrupted by his own running tracs, "Jeongguk, bring your weapon, don't forget it-"

"Jeon Taehyung, shut your mouth!" A cursed voice hushed the first, holding anger as stress filled his nerve vase second by second. Unfortunately for them, just as Taehyung thought he'd found the creature for him, another one appeared out of nowhere to attack them.

"When you're angry, count to ten before speaking-"

"If I had counted, we'd be dead by now!"

Taehyung groaned back, both of them exchanging jumping moves near the tops of the trees. "I'm fucking tired or fleeing, let me use my bow, Jeongguk." He narrowed his eyes as the two of them collided in mid-air.

"Yeah, so you can draw more of these here." He spat, his rage stemming more from the fact that he'd forgotten his most powerful weapon than from Taehyung's insistence.

Taehyung licked the inside of his cheek as he came to a halt on the top of the most recent tree he had landed on and narrowed his bow stead at the approaching creature. He hissed his eyes and focused on slowing him down rather than killing him in place.

Given that it was not made of wood or metal, the arrow did not even pierce its skin. "Well, fuck it." Taehyung was frustrated and whispered and narrowed his eyes to get away from Jeongguk.

"You used your bow despite my warning, Taehyung!" he yelled angrily, turning his head back to track down the creature. "Allow me to use my black magic then, okay? At the very least, let's be fair."

"The bow didn't kill me!" Taehyung said, gripping it as they both landed with ease on their feet so as not to attract the attention of other mythical creatures. "Do it for your own sake!" While they were alone, they began yelling at each other.

Jeongguk laughed unbelieved, throwing a hand, "Hah, excuse me for thinking of your own sake and how to not get slowed down to probably get eaten by a half owl!?"

"Hah, excuse me for thinking of your own sake and how to not get slowed down to probably get eaten by a half owl!?" laughed Jeongguk, throwing a hand. "Taehyung, first of all, we came here due to your central idea," he grimaced. ''Should I mention that you claimed it would be simple?"

"You and I came to an agreement on this. You have a mind of your own. You have the option." Slowly, Taehyung spat, "Do not even brag it's my fault we're being pursued."

"Y'know what?" Jeongguk closed his eyes and breathed through his mouth, throwing back his head. '' I'll use the goddamn magic and we'll get out of here, I really do not care any longer. I'm not putting both of us in fucking danger."

"Jeongguk, you're seriously making me feel fucking guilty about it." Taehyung yelled back in the same hoarse voice, pointing the bow at himself as the other's eyes slowly filled with black and the veins on his body turned a darker color.

"Well, this is not the fucking point." He cocked his head, and both of them were startled when the ground shook as the creature, ten times their size, landed right behind them.

"Jeongguk, don't." Taehyung spoke lowly as he grabbed the ravenette's arm, while Jeongguk stared back at the creature.

They noticed another creature join in from above, more specifically flying above, just as he was about to pull away.The owl-like creature slowly looked up, and when he looked directly at the creature, he vanished in dust, as if a book had just burned out. Both of them were taken aback as Taehyung let go of Jeongguk's arm and parted his lips, staring at the creature's spot of dust. Jeongguk watched as the like-bird slowly landed on the ground, putting his, larger than the owl-creature, wings behind him.