THIRTY-TWO | BURNT MIND

"Goodness gracious, don't be too concerned with your head." Kim Namjoon said this while backhugging his wife on one of their watchtowers, looking out over the villages and fields early in the morning.

"You've put down roots in the kingdom if you haven't noticed. It's becoming rare to have a completely full day together now, don't you think? I don't get to see you as much as I used toл" she said quietly. She leaned back and placed her hand on his.

"Wasn't last night satisfying enough?" He chuckled before feeling a light tap on the sides of his waist. His charismatic smile had far too much of an impact on his wife to cause any harm.

"Did I not please you enough, my one and only? Your conscious voice was not fully expressed? Those sinister sounds-" She turned around and immediately placed a hand on him, a slight blush on her cheeks. "Please don't speak like that around."

He frowned and slowly lowered his hand, "Since when is it a reason for rulers to conceal such things? Back in the Juvian, those two royals did it freely and would ta-"

"Are you talking about Jeon Jeongguk and Taehyung?" she cut him off, "Wasn't he married to a woman? Why did he get up with a man?"

"Is this something to be concerned about?" He cocked his head and stroked her hair. "Do not speak to people in this manner. Everyone is free to do whatever they want, but it is critical that they do their jobs correctly, as our Kings and even Emperors have said. Don't you think so? Man with man, let it be, the importance in the case is to keep our safety; say even to let them be in love.''

"Speak as if what?"

He said straight away, "Disgusted, indeed, you did sound disgusted."

"Lady Eunbi," she says. One of the guards entered and bowed, the sounds of his armormy slightly echoing. "Lady Yuri is calling your name in the ballroom."

She smiled and pushed the guard away, pulling away from his embrace. "And no, they are not the ones I referred to, but it doesn't really matter...yeah. Go, Yuri will be waiting for you." He kissed her forehead. "Plus, I'm not sure what Jeon Jeongguk is up to during the day, so I do my own research."

''Oh?'' Her yellow eyes opened a bit wider, holding her hands meanwhile. ''I've thought else?''

"I mostly work with the other Kim, you know?" We're the more inventive ones in there." He chuckled and then looked at her, perplexed because she appeared dissatisfied in the face.

''What?'' She approached him and cupped his jaw, allowing their lips to meet. "Namjoonie, I love you. But don't get romantic with men," she said as she tapped his chin.

"No, Eunbi, I'm not." His gaze hissed, "Why would I, why would you believe that?"

"You seem to be surrounded by men, and from what I can tell, the majority of them are into same-sex." She avoided eye contact by looking behind her shoulder. "But you are a handsome Lord, clever and not a fool, so I have faith in you out there."

''Yeah. I'm thankful?" he exhaled. He said it more as a question, but it was accepted as a statement.

She walked away, sending a flying kiss in his direction, and saw her fixing her tiarra before leaving up to the ballthrone. He simply sighed and leaned to the rails, staring as he did before. Why would his wife think that way, I wondered. Did he make her suspicious, even though there was nothing to suspect?

There is absolutely nothing. He was certain of it.

"Yeah, back to work," he said as he nodded to himself. He thought to himself as he walked to where the portal they'd built with Seokjin was, regretting that he was leaving such a peaceful place to rest and gaze at the horizon.