FOURTY-THREE | MOAN OF PLEASURE [M]

taehyung's visuals as xie lian (the one in white) and jungkook as hua cheng (the one in red) in this chapter!

Eventually, Taehyung's attention was drawn to an abandoned house on a hill. The village's population was mostly elderly, so if there was anyone living up there, they would have either died from a lack of food and other necessities because they couldn't walk up and down to the village center every time, or they were a witch.

''The leather of my boots will rip apart in the end.'' Taehyung was heavily breathing as they were nearing the house, ''Remind me why we listened to me and decided to go there.''

''What are you talking about?'' Jeongguk asked, unseem to be any kind of tired, ''You've never been hiking mountains as a kid?''

''I was raised as a princess locked in a tower!'' He yelled in hushed tones, pausing to catch his breath. ''And what mountains!? Have you seen mountains in my Kingdom since I have not!''

"Awiee, baby Tae has never hiked up a mountain, has he?" Jeongguk shrugged, mimicking Taehyung's pout. He flicked his chin, but Taehyung backed away, irritated. "I grew up almost in the middle of nature, but not this kind of nature."

''Oh yes, I've heard your mother was representing a God of Nature.'' Jeongguk said and walked behind Taehyung, as his struggles began once again. ''Do you consider one as well? ''

'Are there any birds singing around me or trees dancing for me, Jeongguk?'' His voice held an obvious irony which was caught fast, ''All I inherited was the jewel by my mother, nothing else more.''

The Shikon Jewel was passed down to the Queens' daughters when they reached a certain age. The jewel is transferred to its owner in such a way that the mother does not die as soon as it is removed from their body, according to a traditional ritual that only royals of Noreos Sheykholdoms are able to perform. If the ritual is not performed, the holder will die.

''What did it feel like when you inherited the Shikon Jewel?'' Jeongguk's interest was piqued, despite the fact that he had recently read a book about the stone's founder and its history. It would have been even more impressive to hear it from a holder himself.

''Jeongguk, you decide to speak so much now?'' Taehyung turned his head behind to take a peak of him. ''Should I stop speaking to you?''

"You wake up two days later with a headache and the feeling that it's not your body," Taehyung said as he found a stick to support himself. ''The pain of having a gleaming jewel on your chest stinks. That's it. After that, you learn, and so on."

''Stop.'' Jeongguk blurted out of the blue, walking forward Taehyung and kneeled down. ''Are you tying your boots? ''

"I'm being a gentleman, just as I was thought to be," Jeongguk said, kneeling on one knee, "Are you waiting for a written invitation, dear-" As he quickly felt the sudden weight on his back and hands entwining around his shoulder, "My boots ripped off anyway," Taehyung smiled as Jeongguk got up and lifted him up, holding his legs.

''Thank you, your Majesty~.'' He smiled and pecked his cheek, getting comfortable as he rested his chin on his shoulder.

"The things I would do for you..." he muttered, hoping that the effort would be worthwhile in the end.

///

They advised you to be grateful for what is worthwhile.