Exam Day

A sunny day with some clouds. Yui and other parents of Nobles and common people. Make their way into the Salven Academy towards the dueling arena section. The kids line up in the arena and parents sit in the stands. Up in an observation deck Grandmaster Gildarts Yui's papa and staff are sitting.

Yui waves at papa.

Her papa waves back.

Someone near Yui whispers. It's a girl.

"Who is that you're waving to?"

Whispering back. "My papa! he used to learn from the Grandmaster. He's going to help exam but, isn't allowed to do me so it's fair."

"Makes sense why I couldn't recognize him then."

"You know them all?"

"I'm from the noble house of Zalgon. I studied up on the staff here before coming. My family produces great mages. I have 2 Attributes! Probably the best here. What house are you from?"

"I dont really have a house or a last name anymore. I was born in an elf village out west."

"You're an elf?! Rare to see you people down here. But your papa looks Human are your half?"

"I am..."

"Thats cool! Usually only the nobles get into the noble's academy part guess we won't be able to attend together sadly unless you have a special talent or something. If you do though lets, be friends! My name is Shuna."

"Ok! my name is Yui."

A examiner calls. "Shuna Zalgon your first today."

"O! that's me. Goodluck!" Shuna runs off.

"Goodluck!" Yui yells back.

"Looks like your daughter is already making friends Kito." Gildarts laughing.

"She honestly always kept to herself in the village so I'm honestly surprised." Kito says in shock.

Shuna steps up to the examiner.

"Ok Shuna. First let's test your magic. Use your best spell on that dummy all the way over there."

Shuna mixes fire and wind into a slash towards the dummy. This slices it while also burning it.

Other students talking. "Of course, she be able to mix magic she's a noble..."

The commoner students talk in jealousy about her.

The examiners nod their heads and write stuff down.

They then test Shuna on the bow. She excels at it too.

Yui then notices her papa is gone.

Then she notices he enters the arena.

Gildarts speaks.

"This is silent blade Kito. He's a special examiner this year."

Students whisper. "Isn't he a famous adventure?"

"Wow didn't know my papa was a famous adventure. I better ask him about that later. She thinks to herself."

"I won't be holding back Kito says. Give it your all now." This was obviously a bluff.

Shuna having high agility in her family gets close to Kito fast. The spar ends up being more entertaining than most people thought. Kito eventually steps up his game to beat her.

After having her sword disarmed, she is sent to the stands to watch with her parents.

The other possible students are called. Commoners and Nobles mixed. Most of the Nobles excel at their tests. The commoners struggle to keep up. Eventually most of the students are done. Then everyone is stopped for a lunch break after Gildarts called for a pause.