Twelve

~Felix's POV~

"So why aren't you with your mate right now?" Demetri and I are walking through the hotel lobby to go to the elevators, for the past few hours me and Tory have discussed us and where we go from here. We have agreed to go slow, that when the newborn army is dealt with I'm going down to Florida with her and still take things slow. No long distance crap as humans like to say. So now Tory is in the ocean right now while I'm spending time with Demetri catching him up on everything related to me and Tory at the moment.

"She's swimming" I tell him "how are things with Heidi?"

Demetri groans as he presses the button to go to the thirteenth floor "she is driving me insane, she wants to know where I am right now" we hear a ding and pulls out his phone and waves "see" he shows me.

Vampire Slut: Demetri! Where are you?! Why did Corin tell me that you were flirting with a human? Hmm?

Vampire Slut: Might I remind you that you have a family that needs you?! I mean what will the kids think?

Vampire Slut: DEMETRI!

"We don't even have kids!" He exclaims putting his phone away "If I ever have a kid it most definitely will not be with her, anyone but her. Where's Chelsea? Maybe she can calm my bitchy wife down" I'm so glad that I don't have that. When the elevator doors open it's to the third floor, when it opens we see a human girl maybe three come into the elevator with a pink bunny and another human probably sixteen on her phone texting and she has earbuds in.

When they do the human presses the tenth floor before laughing and turns around not paying attention to the little girl who presses the seventh then eight then ninth button. Demetri and I share a looks as the little girl gives the teenager the bunny, when the doors open to the seventh floor the little girl runs out. When we get to the tenth floor the teenager says "come on Abby, if you don't tell your mom or dad about this then I'll get you three bags of jumbo sized candy" silence "see, we are at an agreement" she leaves then.

"How much do you want to bet that the human" I ask Demetri who is also amused "won't realize that her kid is missing?"

"I'm going to get the little girl" he says, he presses the right floor.

"Call her parents?"

"Yup"

~Demetri's POV~

Who would let a little girl on the loose like that? I left Felix about ten minutes ago and I find the little girl getting a snack from the vending machine or trying to. "Need help?" She jumps looking at me.

"My parents said I'm not supposed to talk to strangers" she whispers hiding behind the machine.

"Why don't we get you something to eat? Are you hungry?" She nods her head, I hold my hand out and she takes it "and while we do that why don't we call your parents? What's their number?" Holding my phone out, she takes it but she doesn't know "come on, let's get you something to eat" picking her up we go to the first floor. Once there I go to the desk and the woman smiles looking up at me "hi, can you call this girls parents? She was running around the seventh floor" the woman frowns nodding her head.

"What's her parents name?" She asked

"Sweetie?" I ask "what are you parents names?" The little girl shrugs her shoulders "do you know your babysitters name?"

"Dani" she whispers

"What room?" The woman asked and it appears the little girl doesn't know. The woman looks at me "please wait in the waiting area, I'll get the authorities"

"I'll take her to the restaurant since she's hungry" the woman nods her head, we go to the restaurant and we sit down at a table. The waiter comes over and hands us menus "something you like?" She nods her head "which one?"

"Chicken nuggets" I nod my head, I wave the waiter over.

"Hi can you get the chicken nuggets with fries and something to drink?" I ask her

"Water"

"Nothing for me" he nods his head and takes my menu while the little girl colors "I'm Demetri, what's your name?"

"Abby" she draws a pentagram. When the food comes, Abby takes a few pieces and eats, I get dings and see it's from Heidi all asking why I was talking to the front desk lady and why I had a child in my arms. If we were adopting and if so she wants a baby.

As I watch over the little girl, the waiter comes over and gestures to the front room and I see the police there and the woman frowns with that teenager who I saw earlier. I listen in "I'm afraid the girls parents are dead, there was an accident"

"Is there anyone you and your sister can go to?" The teenager is asked.

"She's not my sister, her grandparents I think are alive" more talk before the authorizes come over and take the little girl.

"Bye bye" she waves her hand, I wave my hand and for some reason I don't want her to go. Why?