Chapter 5

Derek's POV
The rest of the day i was trying to figure out why Reid would rather be dead than with us? I get he loved Maeve, but doesn't he love us? All these thoughts are just swirling through my head and I can't seem to figure out why he'd do this.
I decided to go back into the hospital, (a) because it was raining and (b) because I have so many unanswered questions for him.
When I walked back in, I saw the team in the waiting room. "What are you guys doing out here?" I asked.
"We couldn't take anymore, we had to get out." JJ said with tears in her eyes.
"Do you mind if I go back in there and try to talk to him?"
"No" the team said in unison.
"Okay I'll be back"
I lightly knocked on the door of his room.
"Spencer?" I asked quietly.
"Hey Derek, look I'm really sorry for-"
Spencer started but I didnt let him finish.
"Look it's okay. You don't have to apologize for anything. I shouldn't have said anything. I just came in here to see if you are doing better."
"Yeah I am. I'm really sorry for what I'm putting you and the team through..." Tears started to fill his eyes
"...I just didn't see it at the moment. I'm sorry."
"Look pretty boy it's okay, well I guess. I'm just glad I got to you in time, cause I don't know what I'd do without you, or what the team would do. I just know it would of been hell if it actually did happen and no one could save you."
"Derek, I want to thank you for saving me. I thought that Maeve was the only one who truly cared about me, but I guess I was wrong." Spencer smiled lightly.
"Why would you think that we didn't care about you kid?" I asked, trying to figure out why he would ever think that we don't care for him.
"Cause I'm the kid of the group. You just called me a kid. I just felt like you guys have to deal with me."
"Ki-" I started but stopped instantly. "Reid, look I'm sorry if I have ever made you feel that your any less of a member on our team, I'm sorry, I didn't know."
"It's okay. Where did the team go"
"Ugh, they're outside, want me to get them?"
"yeah, please."
I walked outside to go get the team. They were all talking amongst themselves.
"hey guys, he wants to talk to all of you." I said.
No one said anything. They just got up from their seats and followed me.
We all came in, surrounding Reid's bed. Reid tried to sit himself up but failed, so I rushed over to help him.
"Look guys I just want to say I'm sorry for what I was saying earlier. I really do love you guys and I see that now. I'm sorry for what I tried to do to me and to you guys, I just wasn't thinking, but I want you guys to know I that I love you, all of you." Reid said taking a long breath.
They all looked at him and smiled. And almost if on cue, they all said "We love you too."