51.

TIME JUMP**4 YEARS LATER

*****

So, a lot of things have happened over the past four years. We got our diner up and running, staffed and it was wildly successful. Every time I was home with Matthew I stopped in to check on how things were running and make sure nothing needed to be updated. My parents did the same when they were home as well. It was a family owned, family run business that I was absolutely proud of.

Besides that, I had returned to work. We hired a nanny that traveled with us and took care of Matthew while we were working. It was doable. I mean, I didn't know how I felt about Matthew growing up on the road but it was better than only seeing him every so often. And this way both Roman and I could spend as much time with him as we wanted. The cool thing was that I returned at the Grandest Stage of them all, WrestleMania, where Roman was  going to take on my dad for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I was in Roman's corner, of course and it was a total surprise to everyone. Nobody knew that I was coming until my music hit and I walked out to support my husband.

Not long after that, I was put into my own story line that correlated with Roman's from time to time. He had a huge story line with Braun Strowman and that got really messy. That was a year after I returned to the ring. It was insane. I mean, there were ambulances flipped and gurney's shoved off a landing area in the arena, that one had Roman snapped into it and it completely freaked me out. Oh and Shane even returned the year that I returned. It was a little before I did but it was still the same. It was awesome to see him at work every day. He took control of Friday Night SmackDown and that's when they went to split brand. Roman and I stayed on Raw. I was thankful for that. My parents made sure that I could stay with Roman wherever he went. I couldn't be grateful enough to them because of it.

Anyway, the next WrestleMania, Roman got to face the Undertaker. It was awesome to see. I mean, here you have someone who is known as one of the biggest icons in WWE and one of the oldest Superstars on the roster and Roman had the privilege of going against him. Uncle Shawn even came back during that to try to sway Roman out of the match but he just couldn't get the job done. Oh and did I mention that Goldberg returned that year? It was awesome. He was set to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at that WrestleMania. Yeah, Roman had lost it between WrestleManias. But it was one of the biggest WrestleManias ever. And part of that was the fact that John proposed to Nikki at that WrestleMania. In the middle of the ring, after their match against the Miz and Maryse. I was so super happy for him. He'd told me nothing about it before the fact. He wanted it to be a total and complete surprise to Nikki and not give any chance of her finding out. I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

Also, later that year, Roman was able to get the Shield back together. The Miz had pushed him too far and talked about how he had nobody in his corner. Of course, they underestimated the bond that Roman still, technically, had with his former Shield brothers. I mean, it was palpable. Of course, Seth had been trying to work on gaining Dean's trust again and eventually it worked after a couple weeks of trying. Anybody could draw the conclusion that they would eventually involve Roman at some point.

Then we get to the awesome year. In December of the 2017, my mom announced that the women were gonna get to make history with a first ever all women's Royal Rumble match. I was jumping off the walls at that. I mean, that was what my colleagues and I, and the women that came before us, had been fighting for every single day we showed up to work. We had no longer been referred to as Divas but Superstars, same as the men. Two women had been able to compete in Saudi Arabia, which was a very first in the middle east. It was incredible. Now we were getting to have our very own Royal Rumble. Roman and I spent that night celebrating and he even gave me some tips and tricks to use in the match.