50.

So we got to take baby Matthew home. I was super nervous to take him home and be without help from professionals but I was also excited. Excited to show Matthew his new room. Granted, he wouldn't even remember it or pay much attention because he was a baby but I would remember it. I would always remember the day we brought our baby home. We walked him through the front door, Roman carrying the baby seat, and we immediately took him up to his room where I got him out of his seat and sat in the rocking chair with him. I loved it. I loved sitting here with my baby. My baby. I still couldn't believe I got to call this tiny little human mine. He was all mine. Mine and Roman's. And I loved this tiny little human more than I ever thought possible. All I wanted to do was sit here and stare at him. His little face, his hands. He was so tiny. It was amazing how such a tiny little human could hold such a big place in my heart. I never wanted to put him down.

Eventually I had to and on top of that, Roman had to go back on the road. He didn't have that long to take off. That sucked. But I also knew how the business worked. Women had longer off only because we had to heal completely and be cleared by doctors in order to go back to work but men didn't have that luxury. And one of us had to keep working to keep the money coming in. I, however, had to take it easy for the next six months in order to go back in the ring. And sitting in the rocking chair with Matthew every night just made me question whether I actually wanted to go back to the ring. I loved the business but I didn't love it more than my baby boy. And there were plenty of other things I could do.

At the moment, I was in the car, driving around with Matthew on our way to a doctor's appointment. Matthew was six weeks old today and I had to go to the doctor to get cleared to return to sexual activity. I needed that considering I had been pretty pent up lately. Not to mention Roman being pent up. He kept looking at me like I was a piece of meat every time he was home and with that look on his face, it was so difficult not to just take him right then and there. But I couldn't. I had to be medically cleared for that.

We sat at a red light and I looked to my left. Right on the corner sat the little diner that my parents used to take me to as a little girl. It was closed down now. The owner had died of a heart attack about six years ago and nobody had thought about opening it back up. That place used to have a lot of life to it. It was an upbeat, popular place for families, teens and anyone who just wanted to have a good time to go to. That place helped a lot of people find their way, including me. I hated the fact that it was closed.

The light turned green and I pressed on the gas pedal as we continued to my appointment. But I couldn't get that diner out of my head. I knew my backup plan. I knew what I wanted to do. I was going to reopen that diner and restore it to its former glory. I needed to. It was everything having those dinners at that place with my parents. I wanted Matthew to feel the same thing. I wanted him to have that same place to go to while he grows up. I just needed to have a plan and I needed to talk to Roman.

********

So, I got the all clear from the doctor which was good but it wasn't the thing on my mind. I still couldn't stop thinking about the diner. Roman would be coming home in the next few days and I had to present my idea to him in a way that he wouldn't say no. And I needed to be prepared for everything, starting with costs and clean up and menus. I had to know everything I needed to reopen this place so I googled and made phone calls and got all the information I wanted before I realized that I didn't have the one thing that I needed to do this. I didn't have a business degree or even any experience running a business. That was where I was screwed. Until I had the best idea ever.

I quickly ran up the stairs and packed a bag of my things and Matthew's things before grabbing him out of his crib and heading out the door. I had to do this now. Matthew and I were gonna get on a plane and fly to Roman instead of waiting at home. But we weren't only flying to Roman. We were flying to my parents. My mom had business experience and my dad has gotten some as well. I had to talk to them about this diner idea and I had to do it quickly.