24.

So a few nights ago, I asked Roman if he wanted to go to prom with me and he said yes. I wasn't sure why it felt so weird. Okay, I do. Because we were adults, not teenagers. But it felt amazing to know that I get to relive my prom night and this time with the man I loved. I was actually excited for it. But I was also excited for Declan. I was feeling great about being a part of what was going to make his Senior prom his best one yet.

Roman and I pulled up to my house and got out of the car before grabbing our bags out of the trunk. "So, this is where you live, huh?" he asked as we walked up to the door.

"Yeah." I said. "It's not really as great as your house. But, it's cute and cozy." I unlocked the door and then we both walked in before setting our stuff by the couch. "Welcome to my humble abode."

Roman chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me. "It's very cozy." he said. "Why did you choose a small place like this?"

"Because it's my childhood home." I said. "My parents decided it was time for an upgrade when I turned eighteen but I couldn't leave here. I didn't want to. There were very few memories I had with them here and I just wanted to hang onto them as long as I could. So, I stayed."

"Well it is very nice." he said.

"You want the small tour?" I asked. He nodded and then I took him around the house showing him every room. The kitchen, the living room, the main bathroom. He liked them all.

"So what's in here?" he asked as he came to a door.

"That used to be my room growing up." I said. He opened the door and we both walked in the room. It was my music room. I had my guitars in there, my keyboards. I even had a microphone with the stand right in front of the keyboard, at sitting level.

"You make music?" he asked.

"I used to." I said. "I mean, I still do a little bit. But this is all from when I was in high school. I was in a band with people I'd made friends with during my rebel phase."

"You're not in that band anymore?" he asked.

I chuckled. "There's not a whole lot of time to rehearse or write anything with our hectic schedule. But the band is still together. They have a new lead singer now. And they have a lot of potential." I told him.

He looked at the keyboard and then back at me. "Play something for me." he said.

"No." I said. "I haven't done any of it for a while and I don't think you wanna hear that."

"I think I do." he said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the keyboard before sitting down on the couch right next to it. I let out a breath and then sat down on the bench seat. I placed my hands on the keyboard and then looked at him. He was wearing a smile on his face as he watched me.

"I wrote this song a couple months after you and I started being us." I told him which only made him smile more. I let out one more breath before I closed my eyes and started playing. I woke up and saw the sun today. You came by without a warning. You put a smile on my face. I want that for every morning. What is it I'm feeling? 'Cause I can't let it go. If seeing is believing, I already know. I glanced at Roman with a smile before I kept singing. I'm falling fast. I hope this lasts. I'm falling hard for you. I say 'let's take a chance'. Take it while we can. I know you feel it too. I'm falling fast. I'm falling fast. It doesn't matter what we do. You make everything seem brighter. I never knew I needed you. Like a sad song needs a sea of lighters. What is it I'm feeling? 'Cause I can't let it go. If seeing is believing, I already know. I'm falling fast. God, I hope this lasts. I'm falling hard for you. I say 'let's take a chance'. Take it while we can. I know you feel it too. I'm falling fast. I'm falling fast. I hope you know. I hope this lasts. I'm falling hard. I'm falling fast. We can go, no holding back. For you. I hope you know. I hope this lasts. I'm falling hard. I'm falling fast. We can go, no holding back. I'm falling fast. I hope this lasts. I'm falling hard for you. I say 'let's take a chance'. Take it while we can. I know you feel it too. I'm falling fast. I'm falling fast. I let out another breath and then looked at Roman.