42.

I woke up in my own bed wrapped in Roman's arms. Today we were gonna be going shopping for Christmas decorations and presents. Everything. And then after that we would be putting everything up and getting our house Christmas ready. I was a sucker for this holiday. I had to have everything. The tree, the lights, the presents, even the scented candles. I loved it all. And I had to have it all. I just hoped Roman didn't look at me like I was a psycho by the end of all of this.

I rolled over and smiled. Roman was so peaceful when he slept. I swear he was like an angel. I placed a kiss on his cheek and it made him stir awake. "Hey you." he said groggy. "What are you doing awake?"

"Watching you sleep." I said. "You're so adorable."

"I don't know about that." he said. He rubbed his eyes and then looked at me. "But you are definitely beautiful."

"I think you need your eyes checked." I said. "But, um, I'm about to take a shower. You care to join me?"

"That sounds nice." he said. "But, I don't know. I'm pretty tired."

"Are you sure? I'm gonna be all wet and soapy and naked." I said with a smirk as I looked at him. "But if you'd rather stay in bed, I won't stop you." I stood up and let the sheet fall to expose my naked self as I walked into the bathroom taking one last look back with a smirk. I heard him mumble something before he jumped out of bed and ran up behind me before scooping me up in his arms. I giggled as he walked us both into the shower and started the water. He pressed me against the wall and smashed his lips to mine as his hands ran up and down my body. I know I seemed like a sex fiend lately but, I mean, after going a lot of the last few months without it, I definitely wanted it now. And I enjoyed every bit of it.

********

We'd been walking around the store for about an hour now. We'd grabbed a tree, a ton of lights, ornaments, decorations. Everything we could. Roman chuckled at me a couple of times here and there when I would grab something and say how much I needed it but in the end, he didn't look at me weird so that was a plus.

After we paid for it all, we decided to grab some lunch before heading back home to put everything up. We got the tree up first and I got a little overly excited about it which Roman laughed at me for. It was a lot of fun. But then he brought out the mistletoe and hung it up above my head before going in for a kiss which I rejected causing the both of us to run around the house. Him chasing me until he caught me and then we kissed. This was fun. I didn't realize just how fun it could be to hang up decorations but this was by far the best.

By the time night fell, our house was completely Christmas ready. I smiled as I stood on the sidewalk with Roman looking at our house. "I love it." I said. "It's Christmas ready."

"Are you sure? I think it's missing something." he said.

I looked around. "What? What did we miss?" I asked.

"This." he said as he turned me around and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I pulled away and smiled. "I love you. I love our life together. And I love that you are neurotic at Christmas time." I chuckled. "You make every single day worth living. And I wanna live every single day of my life next to you. Whether it's our first Christmas together or our fiftieth. I wanna put up the tree with you. I wanna hang lights and make the house Christmas ready. And I wanna eventually hear our children laugh at our goofs and get as excited as you do over a holiday." I felt a tear in my eye as he spoke. "I wanna spend the rest of my life loving you and treating every day like Christmas. Because you are special. And I have no idea how I got so lucky." I chuckled. "But I thank God every day that I did. Christmas is gonna be so special. Because of you. Because you care so much. You want all of it. You want everyone around and you want the lights to shine. Because you love all of that. And it's one of the many things I love about you. I love you Hannah Helmsley." He pulled something out of his jacket pocket and handed it to me. "I had this made a few weeks ago and I think that now is the perfect time to give it to you." He handed me the little box and I smiled at him a little before opening it. It was a crystal ornament with our names and the date we became us engraved on it.