Chapter 37- Water War

(March 20, 1993, Terran time)

The Republic Consular class cruiser drops out of hyperspace and makes its way towards Mon Cala.

In the past few days, a rather scary situation has arisen on the ocean world of Mon Cala. The king of the Mon Calamari, Yos Kolina, had been found murdered in his throne room. At the same time, an ambassador from the Separatist named Riff Tamson had arrived, and had begun stirring up the Quarren. The Quarren, always at odds with the Mon Calamari, had already stated they did not support the coronation of Kolina's son, Lee-Char.

Captain Ackbar, a high ranking officer in the Mon Calamari military, had requested, on behalf of Lee-Char, that the Republic send an emissary to Mon Cala to help resolve the crisis. The Republic had first redirected a Venator class Star Destroyer that had been carrying the attack submarine USS Louisville to Kamino. The Louisville had been secretly deposited on Mon Cala 12 hours earlier, and was now waiting a few hundred miles from the capitol for orders.

Now, the ship bringing the Republic emissary, which consists of Anakin, Padme, and Captain Samuel Adams of the ASAT team, has arrived on Mon Cala. Descending to just above the waves, the bay of the ship opens up, and Anakin, Padme, and Adams jump out of the ship and into the water.

A Mon Calamari escort is waiting for them, and takes them down to an assembly hall in the capitol, where a meeting to debate Lee-Char's coronation is being held between the Mon Calamari and the Quarren.

As they take their seats, the meeting is already under way. Although, meeting might not be the most accurate description.

"The world prospered under our rule!" one Quarren shouts.

"It's time for a change!" shouts another.

"The prince's rule has been preordained," one of the Mon Calamari responds.

"Down with this monarchy!" shouts a third Quarren.

"We'll defend our right for a Mon Cala king!" shouts a Mon Calamari.

"We want a Quarren king!" shouts yet another Quarren.

"Down with the Mon Cala!" shouts another.

"Power to the Quarren!" shouts another.

Rather calmly, Prince Lee-Char speaks up and says, "I am dedicated to serving the Quarren, as well as my own people, the Mon Calamari."

Riff Tamson, the Separatist ambassador, swims up in front of Lee-Char and says, "Silence! You haven't earned the right to speak at this gathering."

"You have no say in the matter, Ambassador. You are only here as an observer for the Separatists," Captain Ackbar says angrily.

Tamson swims up to Ackbar. "Do not forget I am here at the request of the Quarren because you, Captain, requested the presence of the Republic and their Terran allies," he says before swimming away.

"Such a disgrace. I'll give you a lesson in manners!" Ackbar says, but Anakin holds him back.

Nossor Ri, the representative of the Quarren, speaks up. "Prince Lee-Char will bring the planet to ruin. The boy has neither the experience nor the knowledge to lead," he says.

Padme swims over from her spot and says, "Please. You're here to find a compromise. What can the Republic do to help keep the peace?"

Nossor Ri turns to Padme. "This is a matter between the Quarren and the Mon Cala," he states firmly.

"Yeah, who asked you?" demands a Quarren.

"The Republic has no place here!" shouts another.

"Down with the Republic!" shouts a third.