Chapter 67- Duel on Mandalore

Adams ducks to avoid the blaster bolt flying at his face. He then aims his blaster pistol and fires back hitting the warrior in the face. Two of Bo-Katan's warriors race past him, firing their blasters.

The battle in Sundari has been raging for several hours. The coalition has been pushing back Maul's forces further and further into Sundari, but progress has been slow.

Ahsoka runs up beside Adams, twirling her two blue bladed lightsabers, borrowed from the Jedi Temple by Adams to give to Ahsoka. She crouches down beside him and says, "Captain Hartnell and Captain Mirza are still searching for Maul. They think they have his possible locations narrowed down to a few places, but it may be a few more minutes before they're able to pin down his location."

Adams nods, then says, "Well, let's keep whittling away at his defenses until they find him." He then jumps up from his position and races forward after Bo-Katan's warriors, his M4 assault blaster in hand.

Several of Maul's warriors fly down, firing their blasters at Adams and the four Resistance warriors around him. Adams dives for cover while the Resistance warriors fly up to meet them.

Two of Maul's warriors land a few yards away, firing their blasters at Adams. Adams keeps behind his cover, and snaps open the grenade launcher attached to his assault blaster, loading a grenade into it and snapping the launcher closed and into position. He then pops out from behind his cover, aims his assault blaster, and fires the grenade launcher. The grenade hits one of the warriors right in the chest and explodes, killing him. Adams then fires his assault blaster, hitting the other warrior in the face and killing him.

Another of Maul's warriors flies in out of nowhere, flying right at Adams and firing his blaster. Adams ducks to avoid it, then jumps up and kicks the warrior in the face, knocking him back to the ground. Adams then rushes towards the warrior.

The warrior gets back to his feet and rushes at Adams, having dropped his blaster. He throws a punch at Adams' head, but Adams sidesteps and throws a punch at the warrior's face. The warrior stumbles back, but leaps back into the fight very quickly.

Adams and the warrior exchange a flurry of blows, neither of them landing a particularly hard hit. Then, Adams manages to land a kick right to the warrior's knee, knocking him down to one knee. Adams then leaps up, scissoring the guy and throwing him to the ground. He then pulls out his combat knife and lunges forward, driving the knife under the warrior's helmet and into his neck, killing him.

As Adams stands up, Bo-Katan flies in and lands beside him. "Captain Adams. I just got word from your Captain Hartnell. He's located Maul in the palace," she says.

"Thank you, Bo-Katan," Adams says. He then raises his commlink and says into it, "We have located Maul at the palace. Colonel Tano, converge on my location. I want three Black Hawks on my position right now, and I want 15 clones and 15 American troops with us."

Ahsoka quickly makes her way over to Adams, blocking any blaster bolt that comes her way. As she does, clones and Americans seem to melt out of the surrounding buildings. Among the clones are Rex, Hardcase, and Jesse.

"Alright, men. This is it. Let's get Maul and end this once and for all," Adams says.

The clones and Americans cheer. Within a minute, they hear the sound of rotors and see three UH-60 Blackhawks approaching. Within seconds, the Black Hawks are hovering beside the building they're standing on. Adams, Ahsoka, and the 30 men they are taking with them race to board the helicopters.

Once all of them are on board, the three Black Hawks begin moving again, heading towards the palace. Several Resistance warriors fly alongside the Black Hawks to protect them from Maul's warriors.