(| The stronger boy |)

a hint of elmax
Art cred: noodles_and_tea

Lucas and Dustin were arguing about who was the strongest. Lucas made his point about being the basketball player and Dustin just denied that he was strong.
Mike and Will stood watching. Max and El were somewhere else. Mike and El had broken up a few months ago. After the terrifying beast had left Hawkins for good.
"Should we go and find the girls?" Mike suggested.
"Yup"
They walked away from the two arguing boys. They were similar in strength but Will would argue that Lucas was stronger. He actually took basketball very seriously and did his training. He was stronger. Theoretically. But Dustin held a good ground being very steady and balanced.
Mike and Will walked around the whole house looking for the girls. They knew Mike's house was big but there were only so many places you could hide. Will walked up the stairs and past a few doors before hearing giggling form one of them. It was Nancy's room.

Mike came up the stairs after him. They walked over and knocked on the door.
"Go away, we're having girl time!" Nancy shouted.
"Yeah, Els gonna need some after you've been all over her for more than a year!" Max said.
"Shut up!" Mike yelled and went back down the stairs.

Him and Max weren't the best of friends. They would tease each other often and it got on Mike's nerves. Mike has gotten better at handling his words though. Even if he had to apologise to Will for a lot of the dumb shit he said.
Will followed Mike back down to the basement where Lucas and Dustin were still arguing. Will and Mike stood there watching ones again. Taking turns to glance at each other. Looking at the other boys' hair and lips before swiftly turning their heads.
"I'm OBVIOUSLY the strongest!" Mike joked.
"Really Mike? You can't even pick up Will" Lucas stopped arguing.
"I can!"
"Do it then" Dustin dared.

Mike put his arms around Will and tried lifting him. He only made it an inch of the ground before dropping Will back to his feet. Will was in a daze at the other boy's arms around his waist.
"See? You're like the least strong one except for Will" Dustin said.
"Okay- I'm stronger than all of you" Will finally spilled his guts.
"Impossible, pick up Mike!" Lucas said.

And Will did exactly that. Even if Mike was taller than him, he picked up his feet and held him in the air. Bridal style. Like he was gonna carry him from the couch and to his bed, like he had fallen asleep watching a movie. Mike's stomach was filled, and I mean filled, with fireworks and butterflies. His cheeks bright red and eyes staring at the shirt boy holding him.
"WHAT?!" Dustin shouted loudly.
"How!?" Lucas yelled a little lower.
"California man," Will said.
He dropped Mike to the floor. Mike landed on his butt and both the other boys laughing.
"Haha, very funny" Mike said standing up.

Mike couldn't think about anything for the rest of that night. How Will had held him in his arms. Their faces only inches away from each other. His heart was almost breaking out of his chest. He had wanted nothing other than to kiss the, now strong, almond eyed boy. Everyone else had left the house. Or at least Dustin and Lucas had. Will and Mike had no idea if El and Max were still with Nancy. But Mike couldn't take it any longer.

He took the boys wrist and shoved him up against the basement wall. He wanted this. Yet he didn't. There was something telling him that he should stop but more things telling him to go. Will had gasped in response. Will thought Mike was the straightest person on earth. But Mike's actions were soon going to change his mind.
He leaned his face closer to the brunette he had punched up to the wall. Their lips meet. Will leaning forward as well. Mike other hand picking Wills face up. Their lips moved in sync to the others. Mike let his hands fall down on Will's waist. Will grabbing the back of Mike's neck and deepening their kiss.
They made out for however long. Until they both broke apart gasping for air.
Mike threw his head down into the crook of Will's neck. He was tired. His legs felt limb. He almost fell to the ground. But Will caught him.
"Oh my god, Mike!"
"Pick me up, please" Mike wasn't really limb. He just wanted Will to pick him up once more.

Will grabbed Mike's legs and held him up again. Mike putting his arms around Will's neck and playing with his hair. Will kissed him lightly on the cheek. He carried him. Swinging around before putting him on the couch.
"Will..." Mike sounded more serious.
"Ye-Yeah?"
"Will you date me..."
"I thought that was clear... but yes, yes I will"

Ahhhh we Stan buff Byers
Word count: 858