[|Talking|]

Will and El had moved but after the Vecna fight they stayed in Hawkins and Mike and Will got closer again
Art cred: noodles_and_tea
Enjoy <3

Will and Mike were sitting in Mike's basement. Mike had started learning the guitar and really wanted to show Will his skills. They sat back to back. Will with a sketchbook in his lap, drawing. He was only doodling but it was calming with the sound of Mike's guitar. Mike would occasionally mess up but picked up the tune right after.
"Hey, Will?" Mike said, leaning his head back on Wills.
"Yeah?" Will said, feeling Mike's hair on his neck.
"I-I've missed you..." Mike stopped playing.
"I've missed you too... how are things with you and El, by the way?" Will said, trying to change the subject.

He couldn't talk to Mike about missing him. It had been a year and Will was done with missing Mike. Mike hadn't cared to even write to him. All he did was talk about El. Even though he barely cares for her.
"What?"
"You know, you told me stuff went down after the roller rink... you had a fight" Will had successfully changed the subject.
"We broke up..."
"What? Why?" Will wasn't actually surprised, he just wanted Mike to think that.
"Be-Because I've found someone else I like..."
"Who?"

Mike put the guitar to the side. He wanted to tell Will how he felt. Even if it meant they wouldn't be friends anymore. He already felt distant with him so he just wanted to get it over with. He turned to face Will. Their faces were close. Mike could feel his cheeks heat up. Will was almost shaking. Was this happening? Or did Mike just want to have a serious talk? Mike leaned closer to Will. Feeling his breath against his own. There was a faint gasp from Will when he connected their lips. Mike's hand brought up Will's cheek. But to his surprise. Will didn't pull back. He kissed back. Their lips moving in sync. Both their stomachs filled with butterflies and fireworks. Both had been waiting for this moment. But they hadn't dared to do it.
Will pulled back to breathe and Mike turned his head and sat back to back with Will again. He picked up the guitar like nothing had happened.
They both sat disappointed in their actions. Until, a familiar tune started playing. Wills' favourite song. Should I stay or should I go now.
"Will... I-I love you..."
"...I love you too"
Will's words made Mike stop the song. And smile.

He turned to Will who was already looking at him. Both smiling towards each other. Will took Mike's chin and pulled it towards him. Kissing him lightly before turning back to his drawing. This must have been the best day of his life.

This is a really short one, I will try to make longer ones I promise
Word count: 490