High as a fly

!TW!
Drugs
This takes place in the beginning of season 4, the Byers never moved and are still in Hawkins, plus Argyle is there.
Art cred; noodles_and_tea

Jonathan is driving his new car. He can see his brother sitting, sniffling and trying not to cry. He hates seeing his brother like this. He knows of one way to calm him down.
"Hey, Uhm don't tell mom about this but-"
Will looks up at him. Rubbing his eyes dryer than ever.
"W-Want to try? It could help?"

Will stares at Jonathan's hand. He's handing him weed. Something he shouldn't do. He's supposed to protect Will. But at this moment Will doesn't care. He takes it. Sitting in his brother's car smoking. It doesn't taste good at all. But Will still does it. Jonathan kept focusing on the road. There's an odd noise coming from the car.
"Shit! God I knew this was a scam"

He parks the car on the side of the road. The tall pine trees creeping in the dark air in front of them. He gets out of the car and opens the front to see what's going on. He can't see. It's impossible. He threw his head back and sighed loudly. He could hear Will get out of the car as well. He remembers that it isn't far from one of the gas stations. One he used to go to a while ago, where he had met his friend Argyle.
"Hey Will buddy, we might have to-" he stares at the state of his brother.

He was wobbly and barely standing on his feet. He was saying something to himself while walking towards the forest. Jonathan grabbed on to his brother. Shit. He was high. Jonathan felt the blame on his shoulders as he pushed Will out of the forest. He grabbed the stuff from the back of the car, putting one of the bags on Will and balancing him afterwards. They started walking. Which would have only taken about 10 minutes but Will was unable to cooperate making it take 20 minutes. Jonathan needed to call mom to get to pick him up. But Will was high, mom would notice.  And then they would both be in trouble. They got to the gas station.
"Stay here, and hold onto this I will be back" he told his brother who was sitting on the ground staring at the sky. Holding his bag in his arms.

He went inside to the phone and dialled the only other number he knew. It rung 2 time before someone picked up.
"Hello..." a dark voice said. It was Mike, not the person he wanted to reach.
"Uhm, hey it's Jonathan, is Nancy home?"
"Nah, she left like, I'd not know, two hours ago, why?"
"Well- could you come to the gas station by the pine forest? You know? My car broke down"
"Alright, but like shouldn't you just call Joyce"
"Just- hurry there's a different reason him not doing that" he hung up the phone and walked out to find Will no where to be seen.

He looked around quickly before spotting him walking around in the grass still staring at the sky. It was a clear night sky, you could see stars.
"Will-" Jonathan said walking to his brother. Grabbing his bag on the way.
"When did the sky get lights???"
"God- Mike hurry" Jonathan whispered.

Will was spinning in circles looking up at the sky. He toppled over as Jonathan crouched down next to him. He was fine, he thought he was. Everything was so nice it was like the world was shining a thousand bright lights at him. Jonathan kept Will from falling asleep in the grass, he heard someone walking on the asphalt coming closer.

A scrawny black haired boy showed up. He took one look at Will who was laying on the ground,his brother crouched down next to him, and was confused. He stepped into the wet grass and looked at Jonathan.
"Explanation?" He said.
"I got Will high-"
"You what?!" Mike screamed.
"It was an accident!" Jonathan whispered loudly.
Mike just stared at Will who looked like a zombie. His eyes are red and arms limp. Mouth slightly open just staring blankly at the sky.
"How long did it take for them to install those?" Will slurred together.
Mike looked even more confused at Jonathan. Jonathan just sighed and looked at Will, feeling even more guilt.
"He thinks there's lights in the sky..."
Mike snickers a bit at that statement.
"Could you take him to your house?" Jonathan said louder this time.
"That's like a 10 minute walk!"
"Yeah 20 with him- just... please, mom can't know about this"
"Fine, but I want something in return later"

He crouched down to Will and picked him off the ground. Putting his arms around his shoulder and another arm around his waist. It felt awkward to be this close to him. They started to walk out of the grass and Jonathan left the other way, to his car. A hand touched his face.
"Since when did you have long hair, Jonathan?" Will said. Spitting in Mikes face by accident.
"I'm not Jonathan-"
"And such a hot jawline?" Will said, sending a spark up Mike's spin.
"I'm Mike!"
"Oh, Mike! that's why!" Will laughed.

He threw his arms around Mike. Making it harder to walk.
"Mikee!!" Will shouted.
"Yeah, yeah it's me..."

Jonathan was right about the time being longer. But as Mi,he put Will down on his basement couch and was ready to leave something grabbed his hand.
"Stay," Will said in a steady voice.
"Uhm, okay..."

Mike sat back down on the couch looking down at Will. He didn't seem as high but he definitely wasn't back to normal. Will laughed a little. And then a lot. Almost choking himself with whatever he found funny.
"What?" Mike said. He hated Will like this.
"You're so hot I could kiss you!" he blurted out, slurring his words.
"W-What?"

A warm hand was put on Mike's cheek as Will dragged him down into a kiss. Mike felt like pulling back but also not. Even if Will tasted terrible. Will keep going. Dragging Mike over him. He tugged at his shirt getting deeper and deeper before breaking a part. Mike looked wide eyed down at Will whose head fell back onto the couch and fluttered his eyes shut. Mike sat down on the floor, his back against the couch listening to Will sleep so soundlessly. What just happened?

It's short, I will post longer ones for the 1 person reading
Word count: 1108