28. The Truth Hurts

Mile couldn't stop pacing the Hospital hallway. Pong and Tong  repeatedly asked him what happened in the room but he couldn't reply. He couldn't acknowledge them. He was too stuck in his head. 

Apo was so sick, he didn't understand why. He hadn't let himself look at the Omega in weeks. Seeing him lying there so small and thin. Was this because of him? He didn't know how the mating bond worked but everything inside of him was on high alert. His wolf had wanted to come out. Mile couldn't trust himself when he had no clue what his instincts were telling him. 

The pup was alive and so very real. He felt powerless but to want the pup to be his. The pure fear of being devastated if it truly wasn't his. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't throw out Apo and Nolan. He couldn't, yet having them near him scared him. If the pup Apo was carrying wasn't his like his logical mind kept reminding him it wasn't, keeping Apo in his house would eventually render him into jealousy. He would become resentful of the Omega after being betrayed. 

Mile felt like he was losing his mind. He never truly let himself explore his hopeful wishes, because whenever he did, the constant reminders that he was a damaged Alpha and a worthless Alpha flashed through his brain. Worthless Alphas didn't get to have the happy family. 

Tong could only watch on as his brother withdrew into himself. His brother had been suffering as much as Apo had been since the revelation of the pregnancy. He could only hope his brother would snap out of it once the test results were revealed. 

Tong placed his hand on him, leaning his head on his shoulder. All they could do now was wait and keep an eye on Mile. 

***

Apo felt drowsy as the bed helped him sit up. Win was fussing around the room with a nurse. His stomach had been cleaned and covered. He found a warm blanket was wrapped around him. He pulled his right arm out from over the blanket to see a wristlet monitoring is oxygen level, heart rate, and blood pressure. The IV was embedded on top of his hand. The oxygen mask was over his nose and mouth helping him take deep breaths. 

Mile's scent was still clogging his nose. Elated he revelled in it, making butterflies dance in his stomach at his Alpha's scent. His free hand went to his stomach and caressed his swollen bump. He could feel the pup's life force responding to Mile's scent. 

The Alpha's essence momentarily had awaken in APo when he had held on to Mile and the pup was benefiting. The Omega was happy but this wouldn't last very long, it was already fading. 

"Apo, we are going to bring you back to your room so you can rest. Nolan is demanding his Papa," Win informed him with a smile, trying to give the Omega hope. 

Apo nodded, his mask firmly in place. Two orderlies came in, unlocked the bed and started to roll Apo along with his IV back to his suite. The hall was empty except for Tong  who stood as soon as he saw him. 

"Apo!," The Omega followed the orderlies down the hall and into the room. 

"PAPA!," Noaln yelled, demanding his Papa. He was wailing in the pediatric nurse's arms. 

Apo reached for him and the nurse handed him over. The orderlies placed the bed in its proper spot before locking it in place. Removing his oxygen mask. 

Apo nuzzled his up lovingly, taking in his peach scent. "I'm here baby," He cooed to Nolan. 

The pup held on tightly and buried his little face against Apo's neck. The Omega kissed his pup's hair. He didn't want to die. He was terrified to leave Nolan behind and he didn't want to lose his unborn pup. 

***

Mile had hidden himself in the men's room for the past hour with Pong looking after him. He splashed water on his face for the hundredth time.