23. 'I Will Go'

The week that followed the nightmare that had exploded on Mile’s birthday had the house feeling cold and distant, instead of warm and loving.

The Alpha refused to sleep in the bedroom while Apo occupied it. He wouldn’t talk to the Omega, nor even glance at the pleading heartbroken looks the Omega gave him.

Apo repeatedly tried to just touch his mate. He needed the safety and home feeling the Alpha gave him. Just needing to touch the man he loved.

Mile would go out of his way to make sure the Omega never reached him.

Nolan was confused and heavily affected by the sad and angry scents from his parents swirling around him. When Mile passed the pup, bluntly ignoring him as he called out to him, Nolan cried at the rejection. Apo tried his best to calm his hurt and confused pup. He followed Mile into
the bedroom where the Alpha was going through his night stand.

Please M—Mile. Please don’t take your hatred of me on Nolan, please.” He begged.

Mile rejecting them both was worse than any physical pain he had ever endured. Having the man you love so hopelessly, hate you was like nothing Apo has ever felt before. Reaching for him and having him yank away his
body so you couldn’t touch him, cut him straight to his core. Having those midnight eyes that once looked at him with nothing but love and adoration, now looked at him with undeniable disgust; made him feel dirty and
unworthy. Apo wanted the floor to swallow him whole and disappear because he didn’t know how everything became so wrong so quickly.

The Alpha sat on the bed while he wiped his face. Apo set the growing pup on the floor on his feet. Nolan sniffled, looked up at his Papa hesitantly.

Show Daddy,” Apo encouraged gently.

Mile licked his lips in frustration, trying to stay calm. Hearing the Omega calling him ‘Daddy’ to the pup ate at his insides.

Dadda,” Nolan called out quickly, voice small and wondrous.

Mile finally turned to look at the pup that owned his heart. The pup smiled at him and started towards him on tiny wobbly feet. Nolan was walking to him. Mile sank to his knees to collect the pup, hugging him tightly.

Such a good boy,” Mile cooed.

Nolan was innocent, he hadn’t been the once that betrayed him. Apo was relieved. The Alpha stood with a mumbling Nolan and headed in the general direction of Apo, but also the door.

He was standing the other day and started to walk
yesterday and—,” Apo was talking quickly, desperate for some kind of interaction with his Alpha. Mile cut him off, stopping as far away from the Omega as he could.

You should move back into your old bedroom upstairs. I
don’t want you in this room,” He declared, voice cold and flat.

Apo swallowed the lump of emotions in his throat as tear ran down his face, eyes fluttering.

“Y—yes Alpha.” He choked out.

Mile left the room with Nolan. Apo covered his mouth as he cried; taking in shaking breaths as the pain shattered his heart.

For the next three weeks Apo stayed out of Mile’s way. He cried every night for the Alpha, but he was thankful Mile hadn’t shunned Nolan.

Breakfasts left Apo eating with Nolan. Mile still took his lunches which gave Apo some peace, knowing the Alpha was at least eating. While he himself had no appetite.

Dinners consisted of Apo sitting at the table with Nolan. Mile would eat either in the living room watching TV or at the table with Nolan while Apo did the dishes. Never together.