22. 'Thought You Will be Happy'

Apo had just finished decorating the living room and dining/kitchen area.

Balloons and garlands with a large ‘Happy Birthday’ sign were on the far wall.

As soon as Mile walked in, he would see it. Apo had even gotten party hats and Nolan was already wearing his. His trip to the pharmacy had proved a useful one. He had completely forgotten about about the decorations, too lost in his possible pregnancy. When he had gotten to the store and saw Happy Birthday balloons hung around the cards section, he didn’t hesitate to get a few decorations, along with an ‘I love you’ card that describes how Mile was his everything, and a small gift bag.

Apo had cleaned and wrapped up his positive pregnancy test in tissue paper and placed it in the small gift bag. He couldn’t stop squealing in excitement.

A pup! They were going to have a pup! Apo wondered if he would have another boy, maybe with Mile’s midnight eyes. Or a girl—Oh a beautiful little girl with Mile’s face.

Heellllooo?,” Tong’s singing greetings sounded along with a knock as Apo checked on his steaks.

“In the kitchen Phi!,” He called out.

Nolan was in his high chair clapping as Tong came close. The two Omegas hugged and Tong kissed Nolan on his forehead.

Pong is bringing in the new grill he bought for Mile,”
He informed him as he removed his coat, hanging it behind a chair at the table.

“A grill? It's January!,” Apo questioned, checking on his
potatoes.

Tong rolled his eyes. “I know, that’s what I said, but Pong said and I quote ‘Exactly, they are cheaper in the winter,’” Both Omegas started to laugh.

Alpha logic,” Tong added.

Nolan made a high pitched squeak as Pong walked into the house from the back door.

Hey Apo, Nolan,”

The Alpha kissed the pup, gaining giggles.

“I put the new grill outback and rolled the old one out to be taken by the garbage,”

Thank you Phi Pong, I’m sure Mile will be very happy,” Apo said.

Hugging his brother-in-law, even though he and Mile weren’t married, being mated was just about the same.

Apo couldn’t wait to share the news, but he kept his lips sealed. The front door suddenly opened revealing

Mile, followed in by his best friend Ping, both in their police uniforms.

Mile,”

Apo was in the Alpha’s arms in seconds, lips devouring each other. They nuzzled one another as they pulled away, almost forgetting anyone else was in the room.
Dadda!,” Nolan yelled.

Bouncing in his high chair, demanding to be picked up. Mile beamed and went for the pup, blowing raspberries on Nolan’s neck, gaining loud giggles.

“I wasn’t the only one that missed you,” Apo chimed.
The light brown haired Omega turned to his mate’s friend.

Hello Phi Ping, thank you for coming,” Apo hugged the Alpha who smiled back gently.

Kind of you to invite me, thank you,” Ping politely
responded.

The party started happily, Apo served everyone a beer but stuck to water himself. The three Alphas were seated in the living room, sharing crazy works stories. Mile had Nolan on his lap, pup was all smiles, mumbling along
with the grown men. Tong was helping Apo with dinner when the front door was slammed.